The Republic of Gwerq is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Kami Cael with an even hand, and renowned for its state-planned economy, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 945 million Gwerqians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kobi. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Gwerqian economy, worth 67.4 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is 71,365 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, drones are unable to lift the weight of their accompanying paperwork, and Gwerqians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gwerq's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gwerq was endorsed by The Republic of Omafana.
- : Gwerq was endorsed by The Russian Muscovite State of Krestyana.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, Gwerqians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, drones are unable to lift the weight of their accompanying paperwork.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake.
- : Gwerq was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, the bourgeoisie are asked nicely to hand over the means of production.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Following new legislation in Gwerq, it's best not to ask what goes into Kobi Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
Endorsements Received: 32 » The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Shamian, The Bon Fa Islands, Soviet State of Covernant, Kethania, East Shancia, Brauengen, Wice, The Steephills, Karelianastan, 104 Partisans, Socialist Slavic Commune, The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, Socialist Balkon, Old Corus, Comuny, Techno Socialystiche, Flying-Penguins, Repolaa, Free Lux Arthur, The Transmanian Islands, Pajonia, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Conarland, Passany, Socialist Heronia, Goshnia and Goshnigovina, 4D Donkeys, Krestyana, and Omafana.