The Republic of Surd is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Olaf Nieuwpoort with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.878 billion Surds are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fentanes. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Surdic economy, worth a remarkable 1,855 trillion Fioris a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 235,524 Fioris, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, and many marriages go virtually unconsummated. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Surd's national animal is the Robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Surd, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, factories are regularly demolished to make way for low-cost housing areas.
- : Surd endorsed The Craziness of Sinyal.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs.
- : Surd voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Surd, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Following new legislation in Surd, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Surd changed its national capital to "Fentanes".
Endorsements Received: 114 » Treadwellia, Leonism, Belmallow, Aigania, Marcellinople, Nargorthia, Hukaa, Zoreno, Aaecilia, Axixic, Aguaria Major, Bongrovia, Debussy, Antomoron, ImperialisLorderon, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Port Flynt, United States of Sarjania, Devinsburg, Owans, Altmar, Emperor PJ, State of Cascadia, Burning Pants, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Denado, Trontasky, Zenion, Ashoy, Aleckandor, Issrak-om, Gloriton, The Sigometh Dynasty, Guiness Freaks, Winx club, Othan, Mezoviaf, Catopia2, Nucular, Ecchi Unlimited, Tjabino, Uhanda, Xalivstonia, Darcaethir, Flurf, Russiane, Zinertia, The Islands of Colwell, Mainze, Lis Gomer, and 64 others.1482, Caybow, Ellsonian Dominion, Imperial Saber, Lowelian, Trumps Dictatorship, Ioboriya, Fortytipper, Darkium, Bravenewworld, Courlany, Arkanik, Memeloria, Sandbrook, TashRakwen, Paline, Nord Gronland, Zherid, Normianm Empire, Wishper, Antolica, SerbianHolyEmpire, Grettana, TypoTech, The Civitas Islands, Simsempha, Enjuku, Humanistical, FulfiLland, Skin Nation The Second, Spacea, Gorgonzola-, Highchii, Priotsoide, Cyrilla, The Edderalish Empire, Tolfaer, Cumidava, Davaro, Toolandia, Nazarstan, Canago, Fanadia, Liberty and Unity, Klaisur, Dotian, Darnitsa, Domais, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, New Rogernomics, Tinbo, Dimusoika, Hraban, Fazrin, Cidilandia, Wowzabees, Umuyyad, Tymak, Istanmur, Steel Vagabonds, Sword Coast Islands, Rionion, The Land of the Tardigrades, and Augustenbuurg.