|Leader||Consul Marcus Aurelius|
The Republic of Marcellinople is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Consul Marcus Aurelius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, sprawling nuclear power plants, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 31.283 billion Marcellinopleans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Education, with Environment and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marcellinople Urbs. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marcellinoplean economy, worth a remarkable 7,367 trillion Denarii Marcellis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an amazing 235,507 Denarii Marcellis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The fattest folk in Marcellinople look to be the happiest ones, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Marcellinople's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps.
- : Marcellinople voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Marcellinople voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, the fattest folk in Marcellinople look to be the happiest ones.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, rebuilding efforts for a recently destroyed cathedral aren't expected to be completed for another century.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, it turns out that money can buy you happiness.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- : Marcellinople endorsed The Federation of Bodstia.
Endorsements Received: 73 » The New California Republic, Praenestia, Caldariat, Aaecilia, Aigania, Axixic, Saundie, Wilhelmsborough, Courlany, Treadwellia, Nargorthia, Killer Kitty, Bobs raider puppet, Pherttsylvania, Aleckandor, Darkium, New Rogernomics, Russiane, Othan, Sireco, Caybow, Greygard, Denado, Perchan, Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, The Sigometh Dynasty, Custadia, Arkanik, Fortytipper, The Salvation States, Aguaria Major, Cieran, Ni Hon, Flurf, Manaric, Mainze, Auralon, Trumps Dictatorship, Darcaethir, Leonism, Issrak-om, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Ioboriya, Owans, Frankender, Nucular, and 23 others.Fylshlant, Debussy, Silver Minner, Ecchi Unlimited, Humanistical, Mussoliniburg, Ashoy, Whale Republic, United States of Sarjania, Hukaa, DaPiFanatic, Calicate, Surd, The Edderalish Empire, Tolfaer, Davaro, Fanadia, Aeryis, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Domais, Nazarstan, Steel Vagabonds, and Bodstia.