|Leader||An actual cat|
The Cattery of Zinertia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by An actual cat with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.169 billion Zinertians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cattertia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Zinertian economy, worth a remarkable 3,419 trillion Zints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 199,139 Zints, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, and much of Zinertia's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zinertia's national animal is the CAT, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Zinertia, much of Zinertia's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Following new legislation in Zinertia, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Zinertia, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Zinertia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Zinertia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Zinertia, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Zinertia endorsed The Federation of Bodstia.
- : Zinertia was endorsed by The Federation of Bodstia.
- : Zinertia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Zinertia, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Custadia, New Rogernomics, Treadwellia, Leonism, The Sigometh Dynasty, Aguaria Major, Killer Kitty, Lazarene Ryccia, Caybow, Owans, Frankender, Silver Minner, Nucular, Debussy, Humanistical, Ashoy, Hukaa, Surd, Normianm Empire, Ecchi Unlimited, The Edderalish Empire, Tolfaer, Fanadia, Darnitsa, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Domais, Steel Vagabonds, and Bodstia.