|Capital||The People's Commune|
The People's Republic of Solova is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Workers with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ubiquitous missile silos, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 10.578 billion Solovans are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The People's Commune. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Solovan economy, worth a remarkable 2,925 trillion Solovs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry. Average income is an amazing 276,568 Solovs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, and TV coverage of music festivals consists mostly of backstage interviews. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solova's national animal is the Donkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Solova voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Service".
- : Following new legislation in Solova, TV coverage of music festivals consists mostly of backstage interviews.
- : Solova endorsed The United Socialist States of Namwenia.
- : Following new legislation in Solova, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Solova, the new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".
- : Solova was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Namwenia.
- : Solova voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Injunct Magna Aurea"".
- : Following new legislation in Solova, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Solova, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Solova endorsed The Allied States of Oder Crudia.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Kethania, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Shamian, Lorthanien, Karelianastan, Council of America, Toplandia, Phallas, Novopangaea, Dudaev, Berlin Commune, Tewi, Thebrin, Uinted Communist of Africa, The Reunification of Korea, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, -Gregoria, Brauengen, Konzhov, Borealian Communes, Soviet State of Covernant, Grebanistan, Techno Socialystiche, North Fluedan, Sodoran Alesia, Le Car, Socialist Balkon, Heitoria, Exania, Sanrellia, Sith Isles, Saxxony, RSSFR, Terra Saxonia, Dacaro, Pajonia, Pertsjan, Greater Vietnamese Empire, The Hanoi Vietcong, Vietlao, Carrico, Kahrianland, Agania, Coughs Isle, Likhinia, Baskar, Walthracia, Mycenaean United States, Turkey Creek, Reissere, and 24 others.Barbroussia, Khanatah, Yutopia, Khrushchyovkastan, Pangeaeae, Democratic Socialist Republic of Monke, Kawlastad, Khavsnoojevia, Kashlakia, Tran Flibe, Muskoviy, Celedaria, Grand Pato, Pindorama-Brasil, Comuny, International Socialist Union, Equlainne, Ratgirls, Socialist United Republics, Newdenizland, Statesburg, Arsa, Oder Crudia, and Namwenia.