The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, anti-smoking policies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 31.633 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Environment, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Education and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,711 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 212,175 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crossing the road requires a risk assessment, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state, Scipio claims tax rises are the result of 'curses', and Ransium is renowned for its lax gun laws. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Ransium is renowned for its lax gun laws.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Scipio claims tax rises are the result of 'curses'.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, crossing the road requires a risk assessment.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, denied drugs and entertainment the nation's youth are taking to petty crime to alleviate their boredom.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, recognizing the Ransiumian flag qualifies you for citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Ransites struggle to cut steak with a spoon.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Tur Ada, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, Ashrah, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, and 26 others.Cikya, East Stederland, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Simbolon, Middle Barael, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Kannap, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Rivienland, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Uan aa Boa, Ordealius, Foir, Doxstern, and McClandia Doge 2.