WA Delegate (non-executive): The Democratic Socialist States of Sirian (elected )

Founder: The Republic of Celtia Regional Founder

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 105th Most Nations: 314th Most Cultured: 1,343rd+7
Most Inclusive: 1,662nd Best Weather: 1,897th Nicest Citizens: 2,084th Most Valuable International Artwork: 2,175th Most Beautiful Environments: 2,628th Highest Food Quality: 2,685th Most Compassionate Citizens: 2,722nd
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to Celtia! - Founded on the 11th of December 2020

Our motto: "Strength through Democracy!"

Featured: Sunday 15th of May 2022


-NEWS/ANNOUNCEMENTS-
  • ENDOCAP: Do not endorse nations (other than the WA Delegate) that have 10 or more endorsements.

  • If you are a regional officer of another region and wish to create an embassy with us, please contact Head Minister Harkagrad if you fit our embassy requirements.

  • If you are a WA Nation, please endorse our WA Delegate Sirian.

  • HM's Questions and Suggestions is held every Sunday!


LinkDiscord | Constitution | Master Dispatch | Druidic Council | Justice Tree | Voting Altar



  1. 2,270

    NationStates Guide

    MetaReference by Amerion . 95,773 reads.

  2. 1

    The Celtian Constitution

    BulletinPolicy by Celtia Regional Founder . 966 reads.

  3. 3

    Celtian RMB Regulations

    BulletinPolicy by Celtia Regional Founder . 264 reads.

  4. 1

    Official Alliance Treaty between Celtia and Liberty Democratic Alliance

    AccountDiplomacy by Celtia Regional Founder . 101 reads.

  5. 96

    Standing up for the Userite

    BulletinOpinion by Sailiopia . 1,613 reads.

  6. 2

    Celtia Druidic Council Proposal Template

    MetaReference by Harkagrad . 51 reads.

  7. 1

    Celtia Recruitment TG

    MetaReference by Sailiopia . 125 reads.

  8. 50

    Illustrated Guide to Recruiting [REF]

    MetaReference by August . 2,096 reads.

  9. 47

    Letís face it, NS isnít a very good game

    BulletinOpinion by Skundi . 885 reads.

▼ 6 More

Embassies: Celtia Druidic Council, Lorania, The Embassy, Union of Democrats, Celtia Voting Altar, Liberty Democratic Alliance, Alcris, Arctic, The Democratic Republic, Celtia Justice Tree, Gay, The League, OmniOne, New West Indies, Sophia, The Great Experiment, and 6 others.The Global Roleplay Organization, GRO Roleplay 2, Callista, Roma Invicta, Refugia, and Celtia Citizen Assembly.

Tags: Anti-Fascist, Anti-General Assembly, Defender, Democratic, Eco-Friendly, Egalitarian, Featured, Game Player, LGBT, Large, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, and 4 others.Regional Government, Role Player, Serious, and Social.

Regional Power: Moderate

Celtia contains 60 nations, the 314th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Healthiest Citizens in Celtia

A measure of the general physical health of citizens in each nation.

As a region, Celtia is ranked 2,831st in the world for Healthiest Citizens.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Second Commonwealth of Benjamin MarkLeft-Leaning College State“The Right Country To Live In”
2.The Democratic Socialist States of SirianScandinavian Liberal Paradise“True To The Heavens, We Shall Protect”
3.The Kingdom of Tai PeiDemocratic Socialists“The birds of a feather flock together.”
4.The Democratic Republic of Ernestopire2Inoffensive Centrist Democracy“Ernestopire before self”
5.The Courtly Traditions of Chivalry and RomanceLeft-wing Utopia“To Seek the Grail”
6.The Citizen's Republic of MulaagInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Honor, Discipline, Courage”
7.The Soviet Socialist Republic of Eastern JapanFather Knows Best State“アニメとポルノの国”
8.The Free Land of STA ClA POSLANDPsychotic Dictatorship“All for the state and state for all”
9.The Peaceful peoples of MarjalLiberal Democratic Socialists“Dum spiro spero”
10.The United Federation of WaldovenCivil Rights Lovefest“Curiosity drives Waldoven forwards!”
123456»

Regional Happenings

More...

Celtia Regional Message Board

Hello Everyone, just a little update here!

As I cannot post every action the Alcrisian government makes, I just wanted to let you guys know that if you are ever interested in what our government is doing or debating, we have a page on our regional website which provides a general overview of each vote taken by the council. The vote count is on the left and the description of the vote is on the right, with the result of the vote bolded.

Link: https://sites.google.com/view/alcris-regional-gov/administration/regional-council

Votes for the bill at vote were tallied.

For: Sirian, Huzzahs
Did Not Vote: Utquiagvik

This bill passed 2-1

I will be standing for Head Minister in the July 2022 cycle.

Cousethii II for Head Minister: END THE NIGHTMARE!

Living The Celtian Nightmare

The sitting Head Minister of Celtia does not have a track record that warrants re-election. They have set many targets, but few of them have been met. Their recruitment targets feel a million miles away, with only sixty Celtians as of this moment; their activity targets were overly ambitious and never likely to be fulfilled; their polling and RMB-side targets have long since slipped away; their office-filling targets, if they existed, were unnecessary. Their sole cabinet meeting was a meta sideshow about allowing citizens to debate in cabinet meetings.

So what, then, have they done? They have rammed through a second branch of the legislature, a Citizen Assembly, at almost the last possible moment. This is an admirable goal, done wastefully: while I was serving as Home Minister in the most recent term, the Head Minister refused to explain why they believed that muddying the legislative waters would be the best way of allowing every Celtian to take part in the lawmaking process, instead merely stating how the two chambers would coexist. They have destroyed the Gachraeda, too, but it was always doomed to obscurity.

The past three months of this region's existence have, for the most part, been wasted: it has no direction, no purpose, and no satisfaction. But Celtia and its citizens do not have to suffer in silence. They deserve a Head Minister they can trust: a Head Minister who has consistently fought against layers of unwanted bureaucracy in regional governance; a Head Minister who has always defended what the Constitution says and means; a Head Minister who will not set implausible and impossible tasks - and yes, a Head Minister who knows that she has no Constitutional responsibilities besides to "manage the Cabinet." I believe that I can be that Head Minister.

Restoring The Celtian Dream

My goals are simple, attainable, and feasible.

  1. My first priority will be to nominate the two Constitutionally-required Officers.

    1. Subject to Druidic Council approval, I tentatively intend to appoint Utquiagvik as Home Officer (who has done relatively well as a Councillor and the Vice Foreign Minister over the spring and would be an ideal fit for a full Cabinet role) and Sirian as Foreign Officer (who has been a solid, uncontroversial actor in their term in office so far).

    2. I will support my Officers in appointing Deputy Officers, and nominating Vice Officers for the Council's attention, should they feel the need. I will remove cabinet members who are not doing their jobs - but I will only do so if their negligence is harming the function of Celtian government, or they are otherwise disinterested in service.

    3. I will not endorse any candidates for High Judge or World Assembly Delegate. I trust that whoever is elected to either office will faithfully discharge their Constitutional duties.

  2. Once my Officers are confirmed, I will seek sponsorship for two transformative bills.

    1. My first idea is the Electoral Superamendment. If passed in full, it will consolidate the legislature into a single body comprised of all citizens (simplifying a confusing legislative structure that was never adequately justified); restore the old custom of voting on bills in full or not at all (reducing the workload of every voter); clarify that bills may create, amend, and/or repeal Celtian law (resolving a months-old Constitutional quandary); make all elections three days in length (allowing every citizen a fair chance to take part); and guarantee that there will always be a High Judge (allowing for the swifter, more certain passage of justice, even during election periods).

    2. I will then focus on passing the Competence Amendment, which would simplify the language used in the Constitution regarding how government officials may resign or be removed, while requiring a two-thirds majority (rather than a simple majority) of legislators to remove them from office.

    3. I appreciate that, as a member of the executive branch, making laws and amending the Constitution is not my focus. But I believe that cutting down on red tape within the Celtian government - allowing every citizen to follow their desires with less mess, less fuss and less unnecessary interference - would be a worthy use of my time.

  3. In general, I will endeavour to create a transparent, law-abiding government.

    1. This means making sure that my Officers follow their Constitutional duties. The Home Officer must promote activity in the region, look after the citizenship rolls, and protect regional security (including by overseeing the RMB, as required by the Celtian RMB Regulations). The Foreign Officer must direct recruitment for Celtia, while building and maintaining high-quality interregional friendships. These are simple tasks that I expect my Officers - whoever they may be - to fulfil by themselves, absent extreme circumstances.

    2. This means holding all cabinet meetings in public, as required by the Celtian Freedom of Information Act - and making sure that my cabinet members identify themselves as such while they are taking place.

    3. This means convening the cabinet whenever I believe that a major issue of Celtian significance arises. For example, I intend for my first cabinet meeting to focus on developing a welcome telegram for every new Celtian, crafting a standard recruitment telegram, and promoting the use of that recruitment telegram by all Celtian recruiters.

    4. This means making myself open to questions and concerns from all Celtians at all times, not just one day a week. If I don't know the answer, I'll direct you to someone who does - and if I do, I'll let you know what it is.

    5. And this means always explaining why I have removed any of my cabinet members, unless doing so would "be harmful to the[ir] real-life anonymity" or endanger "the regional security of Celtia" (as provided in the FoI Act).

Read dispatch

Cousethii 2 wrote:I will be standing for Head Minister in the July 2022 cycle.
Cousethii II for Head Minister: END THE NIGHTMARE!

Living The Celtian Nightmare

The sitting Head Minister of Celtia does not have a track record that warrants re-election. They have set many targets, but few of them have been met. Their recruitment targets feel a million miles away, with only sixty Celtians as of this moment; their activity targets were overly ambitious and never likely to be fulfilled; their polling and RMB-side targets have long since slipped away; their office-filling targets, if they existed, were unnecessary. Their sole cabinet meeting was a meta sideshow about allowing citizens to debate in cabinet meetings.

So what, then, have they done? They have rammed through a second branch of the legislature, a Citizen Assembly, at almost the last possible moment. This is an admirable goal, done wastefully: while I was serving as Home Minister in the most recent term, the Head Minister refused to explain why they believed that muddying the legislative waters would be the best way of allowing every Celtian to take part in the lawmaking process, instead merely stating how the two chambers would coexist. They have destroyed the Gachraeda, too, but it was always doomed to obscurity.

The past three months of this region's existence have, for the most part, been wasted: it has no direction, no purpose, and no satisfaction. But Celtia and its citizens do not have to suffer in silence. They deserve a Head Minister they can trust: a Head Minister who has consistently fought against layers of unwanted bureaucracy in regional governance; a Head Minister who has always defended what the Constitution says and means; a Head Minister who will not set implausible and impossible tasks - and yes, a Head Minister who knows that she has no Constitutional responsibilities besides to "manage the Cabinet." I believe that I can be that Head Minister.

Restoring The Celtian Dream

My goals are simple, attainable, and feasible.

  1. My first priority will be to nominate the two Constitutionally-required Officers.

    1. Subject to Druidic Council approval, I tentatively intend to appoint Utquiagvik as Home Officer (who has done relatively well as a Councillor and the Vice Foreign Minister over the spring and would be an ideal fit for a full Cabinet role) and Sirian as Foreign Officer (who has been a solid, uncontroversial actor in their term in office so far).

    2. I will support my Officers in appointing Deputy Officers, and nominating Vice Officers for the Council's attention, should they feel the need. I will remove cabinet members who are not doing their jobs - but I will only do so if their negligence is harming the function of Celtian government, or they are otherwise disinterested in service.

    3. I will not endorse any candidates for High Judge or World Assembly Delegate. I trust that whoever is elected to either office will faithfully discharge their Constitutional duties.

  2. Once my Officers are confirmed, I will seek sponsorship for two transformative bills.

    1. My first idea is the Electoral Superamendment. If passed in full, it will consolidate the legislature into a single body comprised of all citizens (simplifying a confusing legislative structure that was never adequately justified); restore the old custom of voting on bills in full or not at all (reducing the workload of every voter); clarify that bills may create, amend, and/or repeal Celtian law (resolving a months-old Constitutional quandary); make all elections three days in length (allowing every citizen a fair chance to take part); and guarantee that there will always be a High Judge (allowing for the swifter, more certain passage of justice, even during election periods).

    2. I will then focus on passing the Competence Amendment, which would simplify the language used in the Constitution regarding how government officials may resign or be removed, while requiring a two-thirds majority (rather than a simple majority) of legislators to remove them from office.

    3. I appreciate that, as a member of the executive branch, making laws and amending the Constitution is not my focus. But I believe that cutting down on red tape within the Celtian government - allowing every citizen to follow their desires with less mess, less fuss and less unnecessary interference - would be a worthy use of my time.

  3. In general, I will endeavour to create a transparent, law-abiding government.

    1. This means making sure that my Officers follow their Constitutional duties. The Home Officer must promote activity in the region, look after the citizenship rolls, and protect regional security (including by overseeing the RMB, as required by the Celtian RMB Regulations). The Foreign Officer must direct recruitment for Celtia, while building and maintaining high-quality interregional friendships. These are simple tasks that I expect my Officers - whoever they may be - to fulfil by themselves, absent extreme circumstances.

    2. This means holding all cabinet meetings in public, as required by the Celtian Freedom of Information Act - and making sure that my cabinet members identify themselves as such while they are taking place.

    3. This means convening the cabinet whenever I believe that a major issue of Celtian significance arises. For example, I intend for my first cabinet meeting to focus on developing a welcome telegram for every new Celtian, crafting a standard recruitment telegram, and promoting the use of that recruitment telegram by all Celtian recruiters.

    4. This means making myself open to questions and concerns from all Celtians at all times, not just one day a week. If I don't know the answer, I'll direct you to someone who does - and if I do, I'll let you know what it is.

    5. And this means always explaining why I have removed any of my cabinet members, unless doing so would "be harmful to the[ir] real-life anonymity" or endanger "the regional security of Celtia" (as provided in the FoI Act).

Read dispatch

Thank you!!

Cousethii 2 wrote:I will be standing for Head Minister in the July 2022 cycle.
Cousethii II for Head Minister: END THE NIGHTMARE!

Living The Celtian Nightmare

The sitting Head Minister of Celtia does not have a track record that warrants re-election. They have set many targets, but few of them have been met. Their recruitment targets feel a million miles away, with only sixty Celtians as of this moment; their activity targets were overly ambitious and never likely to be fulfilled; their polling and RMB-side targets have long since slipped away; their office-filling targets, if they existed, were unnecessary. Their sole cabinet meeting was a meta sideshow about allowing citizens to debate in cabinet meetings.

So what, then, have they done? They have rammed through a second branch of the legislature, a Citizen Assembly, at almost the last possible moment. This is an admirable goal, done wastefully: while I was serving as Home Minister in the most recent term, the Head Minister refused to explain why they believed that muddying the legislative waters would be the best way of allowing every Celtian to take part in the lawmaking process, instead merely stating how the two chambers would coexist. They have destroyed the Gachraeda, too, but it was always doomed to obscurity.

The past three months of this region's existence have, for the most part, been wasted: it has no direction, no purpose, and no satisfaction. But Celtia and its citizens do not have to suffer in silence. They deserve a Head Minister they can trust: a Head Minister who has consistently fought against layers of unwanted bureaucracy in regional governance; a Head Minister who has always defended what the Constitution says and means; a Head Minister who will not set implausible and impossible tasks - and yes, a Head Minister who knows that she has no Constitutional responsibilities besides to "manage the Cabinet." I believe that I can be that Head Minister.

Restoring The Celtian Dream

My goals are simple, attainable, and feasible.

  1. My first priority will be to nominate the two Constitutionally-required Officers.

    1. Subject to Druidic Council approval, I tentatively intend to appoint Utquiagvik as Home Officer (who has done relatively well as a Councillor and the Vice Foreign Minister over the spring and would be an ideal fit for a full Cabinet role) and Sirian as Foreign Officer (who has been a solid, uncontroversial actor in their term in office so far).

    2. I will support my Officers in appointing Deputy Officers, and nominating Vice Officers for the Council's attention, should they feel the need. I will remove cabinet members who are not doing their jobs - but I will only do so if their negligence is harming the function of Celtian government, or they are otherwise disinterested in service.

    3. I will not endorse any candidates for High Judge or World Assembly Delegate. I trust that whoever is elected to either office will faithfully discharge their Constitutional duties.

  2. Once my Officers are confirmed, I will seek sponsorship for two transformative bills.

    1. My first idea is the Electoral Superamendment. If passed in full, it will consolidate the legislature into a single body comprised of all citizens (simplifying a confusing legislative structure that was never adequately justified); restore the old custom of voting on bills in full or not at all (reducing the workload of every voter); clarify that bills may create, amend, and/or repeal Celtian law (resolving a months-old Constitutional quandary); make all elections three days in length (allowing every citizen a fair chance to take part); and guarantee that there will always be a High Judge (allowing for the swifter, more certain passage of justice, even during election periods).

    2. I will then focus on passing the Competence Amendment, which would simplify the language used in the Constitution regarding how government officials may resign or be removed, while requiring a two-thirds majority (rather than a simple majority) of legislators to remove them from office.

    3. I appreciate that, as a member of the executive branch, making laws and amending the Constitution is not my focus. But I believe that cutting down on red tape within the Celtian government - allowing every citizen to follow their desires with less mess, less fuss and less unnecessary interference - would be a worthy use of my time.

  3. In general, I will endeavour to create a transparent, law-abiding government.

    1. This means making sure that my Officers follow their Constitutional duties. The Home Officer must promote activity in the region, look after the citizenship rolls, and protect regional security (including by overseeing the RMB, as required by the Celtian RMB Regulations). The Foreign Officer must direct recruitment for Celtia, while building and maintaining high-quality interregional friendships. These are simple tasks that I expect my Officers - whoever they may be - to fulfil by themselves, absent extreme circumstances.

    2. This means holding all cabinet meetings in public, as required by the Celtian Freedom of Information Act - and making sure that my cabinet members identify themselves as such while they are taking place.

    3. This means convening the cabinet whenever I believe that a major issue of Celtian significance arises. For example, I intend for my first cabinet meeting to focus on developing a welcome telegram for every new Celtian, crafting a standard recruitment telegram, and promoting the use of that recruitment telegram by all Celtian recruiters.

    4. This means making myself open to questions and concerns from all Celtians at all times, not just one day a week. If I don't know the answer, I'll direct you to someone who does - and if I do, I'll let you know what it is.

    5. And this means always explaining why I have removed any of my cabinet members, unless doing so would "be harmful to the[ir] real-life anonymity" or endanger "the regional security of Celtia" (as provided in the FoI Act).

Read dispatch

Iím in full support of all the improvements you want to make, and I look forward to voting for you in the July Election.

Cousethii 2 wrote:I will be standing for Head Minister in the July 2022 cycle.
Cousethii II for Head Minister: END THE NIGHTMARE!

Living The Celtian Nightmare

The sitting Head Minister of Celtia does not have a track record that warrants re-election. They have set many targets, but few of them have been met. Their recruitment targets feel a million miles away, with only sixty Celtians as of this moment; their activity targets were overly ambitious and never likely to be fulfilled; their polling and RMB-side targets have long since slipped away; their office-filling targets, if they existed, were unnecessary. Their sole cabinet meeting was a meta sideshow about allowing citizens to debate in cabinet meetings.

So what, then, have they done? They have rammed through a second branch of the legislature, a Citizen Assembly, at almost the last possible moment. This is an admirable goal, done wastefully: while I was serving as Home Minister in the most recent term, the Head Minister refused to explain why they believed that muddying the legislative waters would be the best way of allowing every Celtian to take part in the lawmaking process, instead merely stating how the two chambers would coexist. They have destroyed the Gachraeda, too, but it was always doomed to obscurity.

The past three months of this region's existence have, for the most part, been wasted: it has no direction, no purpose, and no satisfaction. But Celtia and its citizens do not have to suffer in silence. They deserve a Head Minister they can trust: a Head Minister who has consistently fought against layers of unwanted bureaucracy in regional governance; a Head Minister who has always defended what the Constitution says and means; a Head Minister who will not set implausible and impossible tasks - and yes, a Head Minister who knows that she has no Constitutional responsibilities besides to "manage the Cabinet." I believe that I can be that Head Minister.

Restoring The Celtian Dream

My goals are simple, attainable, and feasible.

  1. My first priority will be to nominate the two Constitutionally-required Officers.

    1. Subject to Druidic Council approval, I tentatively intend to appoint Utquiagvik as Home Officer (who has done relatively well as a Councillor and the Vice Foreign Minister over the spring and would be an ideal fit for a full Cabinet role) and Sirian as Foreign Officer (who has been a solid, uncontroversial actor in their term in office so far).

    2. I will support my Officers in appointing Deputy Officers, and nominating Vice Officers for the Council's attention, should they feel the need. I will remove cabinet members who are not doing their jobs - but I will only do so if their negligence is harming the function of Celtian government, or they are otherwise disinterested in service.

    3. I will not endorse any candidates for High Judge or World Assembly Delegate. I trust that whoever is elected to either office will faithfully discharge their Constitutional duties.

  2. Once my Officers are confirmed, I will seek sponsorship for two transformative bills.

    1. My first idea is the Electoral Superamendment. If passed in full, it will consolidate the legislature into a single body comprised of all citizens (simplifying a confusing legislative structure that was never adequately justified); restore the old custom of voting on bills in full or not at all (reducing the workload of every voter); clarify that bills may create, amend, and/or repeal Celtian law (resolving a months-old Constitutional quandary); make all elections three days in length (allowing every citizen a fair chance to take part); and guarantee that there will always be a High Judge (allowing for the swifter, more certain passage of justice, even during election periods).

    2. I will then focus on passing the Competence Amendment, which would simplify the language used in the Constitution regarding how government officials may resign or be removed, while requiring a two-thirds majority (rather than a simple majority) of legislators to remove them from office.

    3. I appreciate that, as a member of the executive branch, making laws and amending the Constitution is not my focus. But I believe that cutting down on red tape within the Celtian government - allowing every citizen to follow their desires with less mess, less fuss and less unnecessary interference - would be a worthy use of my time.

  3. In general, I will endeavour to create a transparent, law-abiding government.

    1. This means making sure that my Officers follow their Constitutional duties. The Home Officer must promote activity in the region, look after the citizenship rolls, and protect regional security (including by overseeing the RMB, as required by the Celtian RMB Regulations). The Foreign Officer must direct recruitment for Celtia, while building and maintaining high-quality interregional friendships. These are simple tasks that I expect my Officers - whoever they may be - to fulfil by themselves, absent extreme circumstances.

    2. This means holding all cabinet meetings in public, as required by the Celtian Freedom of Information Act - and making sure that my cabinet members identify themselves as such while they are taking place.

    3. This means convening the cabinet whenever I believe that a major issue of Celtian significance arises. For example, I intend for my first cabinet meeting to focus on developing a welcome telegram for every new Celtian, crafting a standard recruitment telegram, and promoting the use of that recruitment telegram by all Celtian recruiters.

    4. This means making myself open to questions and concerns from all Celtians at all times, not just one day a week. If I don't know the answer, I'll direct you to someone who does - and if I do, I'll let you know what it is.

    5. And this means always explaining why I have removed any of my cabinet members, unless doing so would "be harmful to the[ir] real-life anonymity" or endanger "the regional security of Celtia" (as provided in the FoI Act).

Read dispatch

Nice one, Tin!

Sorry for the Double-post, but here's a statement I'd like to give:

The performance of the Celtian Government has been slighty unimpressive. I did state that I was stepping back and mostly letting the cabinet run itself, hoping to breed a sense of autonomy in the government. However, clearly this experiment has failed, and prooves that Celtia needs an active Head Minister in order for Celtia to function. To be fair, the Head Minister already did the vast majority of all work in the government, so it was challenging for the cabinet to fully do their jobs without Head Minister assistance. It was also no doubt that Sailiopia's and Mulaag's saddening departures has greatly reduced the activity of the government, and diminished any hope of a cabinet that could work without an active Head Minister.

I'm a tired Head Minister. After all I did last year, this year just felt exhausting. I didn't truly want to take the helm last election, just felt I had to. And yes, Sirian, to answer your question, I didn't fully trust myself, which is why I voted for you. This was also why I wanted to pursue the idea of an 'autonomous cabinet', I just couldn't always be there. Just updating the citizenship list felt like a reason not to log on, something I really felt was more appropriate for a bot to do.

Regarding your dispatch, Cousethii 2, here's my thoughts:

"the Celtian Dream" - facepalms No, just no. Too many bad memories come to mind (yes, I'm referring to that "Loranian Dream" nonsense a year ago)

Your electoral superamendment seems to be basically a reversal of the amendment that passed recently. I oppose it, given that the amendment was created to fix the legislative process, preventing whole proposals would not be wholly rejected for minor errors in specific clauses. The Citizen Assembly was also created to be a potential full replacement to the Druidic Council in the future.

The 'Competence Amendment' is rather undemocratic, given that it forces a two-thirds majority, and therefore allows officials with negative approval ratings to remain in office.

You somehow seem to expect officers to fulfil duties by themselves, when this term experimented just that, and failed miserably. What makes you so sure that it will be completely different this time?

The rest however, I can support.

If it alleviates Harkagrad's concern about maintaining the citizenship rolls: I can confirm that I did not receive any requests for a WA waiver during my three months as Home Officer.

Harkagrad wrote:"the Celtian Dream" - facepalms No, just no. Too many bad memories come to mind (yes, I'm referring to that "Loranian Dream" nonsense a year ago)

My use of this slogan is unconnected to any use of a similar slogan in Lorania. Standing Loranian law provides that the region has no official successor regions (Celtia included).

Harkagrad wrote:Your electoral superamendment seems to be basically a reversal of the amendment that passed recently. I oppose it, given that the amendment was created to fix the legislative process, preventing whole proposals would not be wholly rejected for minor errors in specific clauses. The Citizen Assembly was also created to be a potential full replacement to the Druidic Council in the future.

Firstly, the provision to vote on bills in a clause-by-clause fashion appears to have been stealthily inserted into the Citizen Assembly amendment without promotion or public justification. In my long-standing opinion - if you (general you) have a problem with a particular clause in a Celtian law, you should write and seek a sponsor for a bill seeking to amend or repeal that clause.
Secondly, you have made a lot of noises about wanting to replace the DC with the CA without actually presenting a concrete roadmap for replacement, or indeed arguing why you would rather have a confusing and unclear transition period over the immediate expansion of the unicameral chamber.

Harkagrad wrote:The 'Competence Amendment' is rather undemocratic, given that it forces a two-thirds majority, and therefore allows officials with negative approval ratings to remain in office.

The Constitution decrees that votes by the Celtian legislature to remove cabinet members and judges from office may only be held when those officeholders "have violated Celtian law" (which is a matter of fact). They are not, as you claim, a mechanism to determine their "approval ratings" (which is a matter of opinion).

Harkagrad wrote:You somehow seem to expect officers to fulfil duties by themselves, when this term experimented just that, and failed miserably. What makes you so sure that it will be completely different this time?

The job of every Celtian officeholder should be to follow the Constitution. The Constitution does not say that the Head Minister is a comic book superhero who should be expected to do absolutely everything: they are merely supposed to "manage the Cabinet" (and do tasks which their Cabinet members cannot). If I have to ask my Cabinet members to fulfil their constitutional responsibilities, I will. If they do not do so despite their situation fully well allowing them to, I will remove them and - where it is within my powers - motion for a replacement.

hi celtia

Been a while since i talked here

Forum View

Advertisement