The Slavic Commune of Dimitrija is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Dimitar Gestakovski with an iron fist, and renowned for its soft-spoken computers, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.159 billion Yugoslavs are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skopje. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yugoslav economy, worth 863 trillion Denars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 167,308 Denars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", the police double as repo men, a The Communist Bloc Tourist Association survey has rated Dimitrija #1 for number twos, and kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dimitrija's national animal is the Brown Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Slavism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dimitrija was endorsed by The People's Republic of Kirrlark.
- : Following new legislation in Dimitrija, kindergartners love the free balloons that their schools give them.
- : Following new legislation in Dimitrija, a The Communist Bloc Tourist Association survey has rated Dimitrija #1 for number twos.
- : Dimitrija voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Dimitrija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Most Income Equality.
- : Dimitrija voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Dimitrija voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Dimitrija endorsed The United Socialist States of Marxistans.
- : Dimitrija endorsed The People's Republic of Colil.
- : Dimitrija endorsed The United Free Republics of Mallissa.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Shamian, Wice, The Steephills, Krestyana, Rohvenn, Karelianastan, The Movion, Kethania, Socialist Balkon, Soviet State of Covernant, Free Lux Arthur, Flying-Penguins, Repolaa, Socialist Heronia, Comuny, Carrico, Exania, Manchukurun, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Solova, Doultrenia, Bruzzundunga, Chalredonia, Democratic-Socialists, Borealian Communes, Puaco, RSSFR, Alkartasuna, Mallissa, Colil, Marxistans, and Kirrlark.