|Capital||Hydroponic Nation City|
The Bird Is The Word of Hydroponic Nation is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hydroponicus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 34.939 billion Hydroponicans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hydroponic Nation City. The average income tax rate is 59.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hydroponic Nationian economy, worth a remarkable 5,346 trillion Funyons a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 153,033 Funyons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles', sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, people who get diabetes can sue donut manufacturers, and ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hydroponic Nation's national animal is the Wombat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hydroponic Nation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Hydroponic Nation lodged a message on the Wysteria Regional Message Board.
- : Hydroponic Nation voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vippertooth33".
- : Hydroponic Nation voted against the World Assembly Resolution " International Transportation Preclearance Act".