|Faith||the pantheon of fifty deities|
The Burlesque Republic of The Centauri is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Jaffa with an iron fist, and notable for its triple-decker prams, ritual sacrifices, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 38.173 billion Centauris are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centauri Prime. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Centaurian economy, worth an astonishing 35,206 trillion duckets a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is a breathtaking 922,292 duckets, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 8,639,914 per year while the poor average 8,281, a ratio of 1,043 to 1.
Citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing, the ongoing space elevator construction project has elevated the national debt to all new levels, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, and Centaurian farm salmon are known for being both horribly diseased and remarkably acrobatic. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Centauri's national animal is the Narn, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the pantheon of fifty deities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Centauri was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Centauri was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : The Centauri's influence in Babylon 5 rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : The Centauri's influence in Babylon 5 rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Centauri's influence in Babylon 5 rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : The Centauri's influence in Babylon 5 rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : The Centauri relocated from Lazarus to Babylon 5.
- : The Centauri relocated from Wysteria to Lazarus.
- : The Centauri was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Centauri was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Nudest.