The Free Land of Getherness is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, flagrant waste-dumping, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 11.729 billion Getherins enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Getherness City. The average income tax rate is 87.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Getherine economy, worth 674 trillion GetherPoints a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,507 GetherPoints, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, GetherLings with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped, all guns must be registered, and public nudity is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Getherness's national animal is the GetherLing, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Getherness proposed constructing embassies between Autism Spectrum and Ussa.
- : Getherness rejected a request from Ussa for an embassy with Autism Spectrum.
- : Getherness agreed to construct embassies between Autism Spectrum and The Union of Fairer Nations.
- : Getherness rejected a request from BCHS for an embassy with Autism Spectrum.
- : Getherness rejected a request from Fredonia for an embassy with Autism Spectrum.
- : Getherness agreed to construct embassies between Autism Spectrum and The Embassy.
- : Getherness rejected a request from Tower of The Wizord for an embassy with Autism Spectrum.
- : Getherness was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Getherness agreed to construct embassies between Autism Spectrum and Yet another region.
- : Getherness rejected a request from Aryan Resistance for an embassy with Autism Spectrum.