The Federal Republic of Edison Culver is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 23.982 billion Culverians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Culver City. The average income tax rate is 84.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Edison Culverian economy, worth a remarkable 2,858 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,200 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's no such thing as bad publicity, the entire entry for Edison Culver in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', body doubles and armed bodyguards escort witnesses to and from courtrooms, and the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edison Culver's national animal is the Deathclaw, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Aspesaria.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by The Briton-Acadian Confederacy of Cassinia.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by The Federal Republic of DiaperLand.
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by The Imperial Empire of PALAIS REALITY.
- : Edison Culver voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of the Press"".
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Edison Culver, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework.
- : Following new legislation in Edison Culver, body doubles and armed bodyguards escort witnesses to and from courtrooms.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Kaputer, Poopsancagizal, Zenzibar, Snorlaxia, Senexia, Arbonium, Octal, Luciferio, UNDelegate, Bel Cairo, Woogus, Ble Wilestangad Islands, FASTERCAT, AnnaK, Ascended Union, PALAIS REALITY, DiaperLand, Cassinia, and Aspesaria.