The Federal Republic of Edison Culver is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 21.732 billion Culverians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Culver City. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Edison Culverian economy, worth a remarkable 2,495 trillion Credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 114,823 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, Leader spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, and the newest shade developed by Edison Culver's dye industry has been dubbed 'Agent Orange'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Edison Culver's national animal is the Deathclaw, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Edison Culver endorsed The Confederacy of Woogus.
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by The Confederacy of Woogus.
- : Edison Culver was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Edison Culver was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Edison Culver endorsed Oklol.
- : Edison Culver was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by Forshura.
- : Edison Culver was endorsed by Oklol.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Kaputer, Poopsancagizal, Zenzibar, Snorlaxia, Senexia, Arbonium, Octal, Sheepcote, Luciferio, Egoistic Markets, Darren j, UNDelegate, Squirm Worm, Republica JIM, Neo-Spanish Empire, Bel Cairo, and Woogus.