The Nuclear Holocaust Survivors of Sector 18 is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Антонио Роча with an iron fist, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.558 billion Sector Civilians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sector 18. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Sector Civilian economy, worth 248 trillion Caps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 159,765 Caps, with the richest citizens earning 9.9 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens must have a license to operate a computer, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets, six-year-old children playing dress-up are viewed with suspicion, and citizens wouldn't recognise Антонио Роча if they passed one another on the street. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sector 18's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Illegal.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sector 18 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, citizens wouldn't recognise Антонио Роча if they passed one another on the street.
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, six-year-old children playing dress-up are viewed with suspicion.
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, military parades quietly tiptoe their way through the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, citizens must have a license to operate a computer.
- : Sector 18's influence in Ruined Earth fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Sector 18 lodged a message on the Ruined Earth Regional Message Board.
- : Sector 18 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, competing private ambulances racing to be the first to traffic accidents are a major cause of road accidents.
- : Following new legislation in Sector 18, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
Endorsements Received: None.