|Leader||King Arthur VII|
The Great Kingdom of Merulla is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Arthur VII with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.698 billion Merulleans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Poseidonia. The average income tax rate is 38.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Merullean economy, worth 224 trillion Tridents a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 132,349 Tridents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government spends twice as much reclaiming lost settlements from the sea as it could've on coastal defences, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence, the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime, and the military struggles with recruitment. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Merulla's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Merulla voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Merulla voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Merulla voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Merulla voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Merulla changed its national faith to "Catholicism".
- : Following new legislation in Merulla, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Following new legislation in Merulla, the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime.
- : Following new legislation in Merulla, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Merulla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Merulla proposed constructing embassies between Great Aureania and Terra de Santa Cruz.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Beldravia.