The Queen's State of Marts is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 9.473 billion Martsians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Martsian economy, worth 41.6 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, Basket Weaving, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 4,387 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A dictator has seized power and outlawed elections, Marts has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, The Governor has just been declared ruler of Marts in an international press conference, and the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marts's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marts proposed constructing embassies between Galicia and Beby.
- : Marts was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Marts was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Marts proposed constructing embassies between Galicia and Pacific Islands Empire.
- : Marts altered the regional flag of Galicia.
- : Marts proposed constructing embassies between Galicia and Yemen Arab Republic.
- : Marts updated the World Factbook entry in Galicia.
- : Marts proposed constructing embassies between Galicia and Uyghur.
- : Marts lodged a message on the Galicia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Marts, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.