The Commonwealth of Leivan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 17.441 billion Leivanians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palm. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.6%.
The all-consuming Leivanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,106 trillion Levs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 63,417 Levs, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 245,949 per year while the poor average 11,200, a ratio of 22.0 to 1.
The government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, and burglary is widely regarded as the national sport. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Leivan's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Leivan's influence in The Beach rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- : Leivan relocated from Balder to The Beach.
- : Leivan was refounded in Balder.
- : Leivan ceased to exist in The Beach.
- : Leivan's influence in The Beach fell from "Instigator" to "Ambassador".
- : Leivan's influence in The Beach rose from "Negotiator" to "Instigator".
- : Leivan's influence in The Beach rose from "Envoy" to "Negotiator".
- : Leivan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Leivan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Leivan's influence in The Beach rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".