The Principality of Kartlis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The devout population of 6.063 billion Kartlians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mtskheta. The average income tax rate is 56.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Kartlian economy, worth 142 trillion laris a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 23,455 laris, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it, a government program is underway to revitalize Kartlis's beaches, fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal, and the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kartlis's national animal is the blue wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Kartlis relocated from Osiris to Western Atlantic.
- : Kartlis was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kartlis ceased to exist in Western Atlantic.
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Kartlis altered its national flag.
- : Kartlis's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".