The Heavily-Legged Strongmen of ElJefe is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Snorlax with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 36.934 billion Jefes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Snorlaxia. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The ElJefean economy, worth a remarkable 8,890 trillion Dongs a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 240,721 Dongs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is universally agreed that the first 31 issues are the only ones with humor and charm (ElJefe has found 3 easter eggs), it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, high school bands practice by moonlight, and people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ElJefe's national animal is the Dao, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ElJefe was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : ElJefe was endorsed by The Empire of Kyros the Overlord.
- : ElJefe was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Anaiera.
- : ElJefe was endorsed by The Silver Third Assembly of Frinotonia.
- : ElJefe voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Journalism Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in ElJefe, it is universally agreed that the first 31 issues are the only ones with humor and charm (ElJefe has found 3 easter eggs).
- : ElJefe endorsed The Doge-Oriented Federation of Ocharckia.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Jamil Federations, Ananeticca, New Villanova, Rigels Light, Zapadni Srpski entitet, Tethys 13, Dhaeland, UnitedRomanEmpire, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Aragon AI, Necrozia, Wayneactia, Rosalidia, Lukatonia, Uncute, Kerchistania, Theimpaler, Dres Van, Wymondham, Malphe II, North Newlandishforth, Swebtartd, Helperness, Emlay, Thrallos, Valerievna, Nonait, Ocharckia, Frinotonia, Anaiera, and Kyros the Overlord.