The Peoples Republic of Borrin Quen is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Jose with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.566 billion Borrinqueños enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Puerto Rico. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Borrin Quenian economy, worth 578 trillion Dólar Borrins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 76,433 Dólar Borrins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat, the most popular WhoTube videos are ones featuring parodies of iconic songs, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Borrinqueños any less frightened, and a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Borrin Quen's national animal is the Coquí, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Borrin Quen published "Laws of the Land" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Borrin Quen published "The Political Systems" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Following new legislation in Borrin Quen, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
- : Borrin Quen was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate The Communist Nations of The World".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "Non-Human animal Rights".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "Access to better Education".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "WA Counterterrorism Act"".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "Right To life ".
- : Borrin Quen approved the World Assembly proposal "The Drunk Driving Compensation Act".