The South Pacific Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .25,10625,10725,10825,10925,11025,11125,112. . .25,50025,501»

Auphelia wrote:If it canít articulate a compelling reason not to be killed, itís not too late.

Iím surprised you let my other post slide by without a comment of some sort.

Drystar wrote:Iím surprised you let my other post slide by without a comment of some sort.

Which one, pet?

You are so unusually active at the moment, your laconic demeanour made rather loquacious.

Drystar wrote:We should film a documentary about such odd wildlife behavior.

I agree. Lets start.

Auphelia wrote:Which one, pet?

You are so unusually active at the moment, your laconic demeanour made rather loquacious.

4 hours ago, you liked it. Iíll send you my initial response I wrote by telegram, itís a bit to venomous to post, but I did feel a bit better after writing it. Thursdayís tend to do that to me.

Auphelia wrote:Iíd say progressive. Weíre hardly liberal on some topics, and I find the term so inaccurate. Liberalism is anarchy, to remove all rules and restrictions. Progressivism is using rules and restrictions to create a better society by protecting the weak, borrowing strength from the strong, and allowing the lowest to stand among the highest with equanimity and pride.

Oh, yes. I do so agree.

Auphelia wrote:Not particularly. The moral and political philosophy of liberalism has an emphasis on some things we agree with, like freedom of speech and the press, but also advocated for limited government and free markets.

Nothing wrong with limited government, you donít want them prying into everything you do, do you? And the free market has advantages, letís anyone make or sell things, you canít blame it for humans natural proclivity to nepotism or corruption.

The freedom of the free market is pretty chill, but it is also true that people left to their own devices have a habit of making certain decisions in a short-sighted manner. Maximum freedom doesn't automatically equate to optimal decision-making, especially when it comes to issues like substance usage. There is a case to be made for saving people from their own decisions, especially when there is a huge base of evidence to show that people will make decisions that are bad for themselves and for others if not regulated.

Drystar wrote:Nothing wrong with limited government, you donít want them prying into everything you do, do you? And the free market has advantages, letís anyone make or sell things, you canít blame it for humans natural proclivity to nepotism or corruption.

Well at the moment, I am the government. Of course I want to poke, prod, and pry into the lives of my subjects! Whoever said a fifth term was a terrible idea?

Amerion wrote:Oh, yes. I do so agree.

For we are one and the same, dear. I saw that video with the malformed toddler and that Penelope girl, and it seemed eerily similar to our first meeting.

Drystar wrote:4 hours ago, you liked it. Iíll send you my initial response I wrote by telegram, itís a bit to venomous to post, but I did feel a bit better after writing it. Thursdayís tend to do that to me.

Honestly, it seems rather tame compared to some of the things posted here. I myself can get a bit terse at times.

Though I donít think wallowing is quite the right word, given the split meaning could cause confusion in the context given. Reveling, perhaps.

Auphelia wrote:Well at the moment, I am the government. Of course I want to poke, prod, and pry into the lives of my subjects! Whoever said a fifth term was a terrible idea?

For we are one and the same, dear. I saw that video with the malformed toddler and that Penelope girl, and it seemed eerily similar to our first meeting.

Honestly, it seems rather tame compared to some of the things posted here. I myself can get a bit terse at times.

Though I donít think wallowing is quite the right word, given the split meaning could cause confusion in the context given. Reveling, perhaps.

No, wallow is much more appropriate, have you ever noticed how much animals enjoy mud holes.

And weíve already established my vocabulary is more salty then such a refined lady as yourself, my very first draft wouldíve had mods here in a heartbeat.

Drystar wrote:No, wallow is much more appropriate, have you ever noticed how much animals enjoy mud holes.

And weíve already established my vocabulary is more salty then such a refined lady as yourself, my very first draft wouldíve had mods here in a heartbeat.

Oh, wouldnít that be a sight! This is true. I am a lady of refinement and class, possessing a lineage defined by good breeding and aristocratic ideals. You, a brute, a rough man of dirt.

I feel as if that is the plot of half of every book with a shirtless man and a woman in 19th century garments on the cover.

Passion on the a Moors

The Manor of Sweet Delight

The Man and the Lady: A Throb Story, Book Two

Auphelia wrote:For we are one and the same, dear. I saw that video with the malformed toddler and that Penelope girl, and it seemed eerily similar to our first meeting.

I beg your pardon! Adm. Gen. Stewie G isn't malformed!!! He's just big-headed!!!

Amerion wrote:I beg your pardon! Adm. Gen. Stewie G isn't malformed!!! He's just big-headed!!!

Yes, quite so.

Itís his body that has withered, creating a disturbing disparity in the relative spatial relations of his skull to the rest of his skeletal structure and adjacent scraps of flesh stuck to it.

Auphelia wrote:Oh, wouldnít that be a sight! This is true. I am a lady of refinement and class, possessing a lineage defined by good breeding and aristocratic ideals. You, a brute, a rough man of dirt.

I feel as if that is the plot of half of every book with a shirtless man and a woman in 19th century garments on the cover.

Passion on the a Moors

The Manor of Sweet Delight

The Man and the Lady: A Throb Story, Book Two

Iím assuming itís a trilogy of course.

I can see it now, you traveling against the wishes of your advisors, headstrong and proud. My raids capturing your ship off the coast of Madagascar, where contrary to the wishes of my crew Iím entranced by your fearless defiance and give you the freedom of my ship the Witch Hazel while we await your ransom.

Drystar wrote:Iím assuming itís a trilogy of course.

I can see it now, you traveling against the wishes of your advisors, headstrong and proud. My raids capturing your ship off the coast of Madagascar, where contrary to the wishes of my crew Iím entranced by your fearless defiance and give you the freedom of my ship the Witch Hazel while we await your ransom.

Then there is a coup and I quash it, you gain respect for me, and then either I have you made a nobleman and you return to the mainland where you conflict with society for the next two books or we steal my ransom and run off to rule the high seas, the swelling and ebbing of the oceanís waves only matched in chaos by the swirling whirlwinds of our passions, both driven by a deadly mixture of lust and loathing.

Good morning everyone!
It seems Auphelia hasn't really changed, hasn't she?

Auphelia wrote:Well at the moment, I am the government. Of course I want to poke, prod, and pry into the lives of my subjects! Whoever said a fifth term was a terrible idea?

For we are one and the same, dear. I saw that video with the malformed toddler and that Penelope girl, and it seemed eerily similar to our first meeting.

Honestly, it seems rather tame compared to some of the things posted here. I myself can get a bit terse at times.

Though I don’t think wallowing is quite the right word, given the split meaning could cause confusion in the context given. Reveling, perhaps.

Auphelia said 'I want to poke.'

So unladylike, I must declare.

Midand wrote:Good morning everyone!
It seems Auphelia hasn't really changed, hasn't she?

Not at all!

In what way do you mean?

Curlyhoward wrote:Auphelia said 'I want to poke.'

So unladylike, I must declare.

Ah, fetch the fainting couch!

Auphelia wrote:Then there is a coup and I quash it, you gain respect for me, and then either I have you made a nobleman and you return to the mainland where you conflict with society for the next two books or we steal my ransom and run off to rule the high seas, the swelling and ebbing of the oceanís waves only matched in chaos by the swirling whirlwinds of our passions, both driven by a deadly mixture of lust and loathing.

Or, you abscond with my fastest vessel and the ransom, forcing me to chase you down with the aid of my trusty lieutenants Zess and 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121. Then we discover youíve been working with the evil pirate Amerion to lure us into a trap to gain our vast riches.

Drystar wrote:Or, you abscond with my fastest vessel and the ransom, forcing me to chase you down with the aid of my trusty lieutenants Zess and 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121. Then we discover youíve been working with the evil pirate Amerion to lure us into a trap to gain our vast riches.

Donít spoil book three, darling! Honestly, you were never one for keeping secrets, except for the one that could very well end everything . . .

Auphelia wrote:Donít spoil book three, darling! Honestly, you were never one for keeping secrets, except for the one that could very well end everything . . .

But... but... isnít that what the internet was made for, spoilers?

Drystar wrote:But... but... isnít that what the internet was made for, spoilers?

Not when thereís profit to be made! Honestly, this is why we donít allow you to run the publicity department.

What a nice three hours driving to an in-state national park, looking around there, and finally resting at my cousinís house.

Melicorium wrote:What a nice three hours driving to an in-state national park, looking around there, and finally resting at my cousinís house.

As opposed to an out state national park?

Drystar wrote:As opposed to an out state national park?

Yes.
I am currently staying in New Jersey, and I visited a national park in New Jersey.

Melicorium wrote:Yes.
I am currently staying in New Jersey, and I visited a national park in New Jersey.

This? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mskx6c1DULQ

«12. . .25,10625,10725,10825,10925,11025,11125,112. . .25,50025,501»

Advertisement