Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .5,0535,0545,0555,0565,0575,0585,059. . .5,3325,333»

Kandosii wrote:we shall have to agree to disagree that the squeal trilogy is good.

They're traaash

Xotrayjan wrote:(That's what I said to you when I became Russia >_<)

Siberia was a hellish wasteland, even more so in the winter.. the humans out here weren't predators, they were prey to the monsters and beasts that lurked and hunted... but once the shuttle landed in the clearing it was designated to for their assignment there was an odd silence.. then there was something large in the treeline, odds are just another monstrosity but then it became fully visible, a 25 ft(7.62 M) human in full armour along with a helm that also seemed to act like a crown, shaped like flame. In its right hand it wielded a great sword, larger than any of the Mandalorians. This.. strange man however didn't grow hostile but instead began walking over, dragging his blade in the snow, it flamed melting the snow around it.
"I am your employer, Emperor Konstantin II Avvakirskij, Heir of the Blood of Avvakir and lord of all Russias. To be frank I am unhappy with your progress."
He then pointed his blade to Fix, barely leaving a gap between it and her, the heat clearly felt.
"Only she has gained her reward, only she has hunted.", he then let his blade hit the ground before pulling it closer to himself.

"Either way... Berry is mine.", he went on to say.
"He is my kill.", once more he reiterated before continuing.
"You will now have a greater task for me to achieve this dream...7,623,410 rubles for each of you.", Constantine then paused looking down at the Mandos.
"There is a facility, an artillery base of sorts near the Lena River.", he then held out a paper with the cords.
"My operation to get Berry is tomorrow. If we use air power he'll know.. will you outsiders do this, destroy the artillery and communications? Oh and one of his top generals, Vladimir Kelianov is there overseeing operations. Kill him how you see fit for a bonus."

Kandosii
Coward

Xotrayjan wrote:They're traaash

99.9 of movie sci-fi is trash to be fair. Can you think of a film series that's managed to retain an excellent quality.
All the way through ? I can't.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:If I might, since we are discussing Star Wars, let me say I think episodes 7, 8, and 9 are good, but unnecessary, especially Palpatine coming back in 9.

The franchise should have stopped at 6. Solo was weak, as was Rogue One, though it was better than Solo.

Possibly an opinion: the prequels were good (except 2, that one's awful)

Anyone watch horror movies 🎬?
As someone who has watched the Halloween Franchise, I have to say that the most recent films have been weak.

Xotrayjan wrote:(That's what I said to you when I became Russia >_<)

Siberia was a hellish wasteland, even more so in the winter.. the humans out here weren't predators, they were prey to the monsters and beasts that lurked and hunted... but once the shuttle landed in the clearing it was designated to for their assignment there was an odd silence.. then there was something large in the treeline, odds are just another monstrosity but then it became fully visible, a 25 ft(7.62 M) human in full armour along with a helm that also seemed to act like a crown, shaped like flame. In its right hand it wielded a great sword, larger than any of the Mandalorians. This.. strange man however didn't grow hostile but instead began walking over, dragging his blade in the snow, it flamed melting the snow around it.
"I am your employer, Emperor Konstantin II Avvakirskij, Heir of the Blood of Avvakir and lord of all Russias. To be frank I am unhappy with your progress."
He then pointed his blade to Fix, barely leaving a gap between it and her, the heat clearly felt.
"Only she has gained her reward, only she has hunted.", he then let his blade hit the ground before pulling it closer to himself.

"Either way... Berry is mine.", he went on to say.
"He is my kill.", once more he reiterated before continuing.
"You will now have a greater task for me to achieve this dream...7,623,410 rubles for each of you.", Constantine then paused looking down at the Mandos.
"There is a facility, an artillery base of sorts near the Lena River.", he then held out a paper with the cords.
"My operation to get Berry is tomorrow. If we use air power he'll know.. will you outsiders do this, destroy the artillery and communications? Oh and one of his top generals, Vladimir Kelianov is there overseeing operations. Kill him how you see fit for a bonus."

Paz and Raz stayed indifferent to the berating of the towering man, meanwhile Fix was beaming under helmet she was a bit of a narcissist when it came to her sniping skills.

"Consider those guns silent," Paz said he remembered the BX saying something about having to fly around a military encampment. Very good chance that was where everything was that needed taken care of. "Raz boot up the rest of the droids have them armored up; I want this raid practically stamped with a Death Watch calling card," Paz then said as he turned back to the shuttle. Raz nodded as he headed to the crate holding the two squads of BX commando droids. They weren't as good as the real thing but in a pinch the droids could just as well supplement a team of bounty hunters.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:Anyone watch horror movies 🎬?
As someone who has watched the Halloween Franchise, I have to say that the most recent films have been weak.

They have been weak since the Original part 2. The Rob Zombie ones were dire.
I did enjoy Halloween, the one a few years back but I think that was having Jamie Lee Curtis back as Laurie Stroud again.

I do like the old Peter Jackson horror movies, Badtaste , braindead , his career went down hill after that.
He ended up doing fantasy movies and documentaries about obscure pop groups 😀

Gooutofhere wrote:99.9 of movie sci-fi is trash to be fair. Can you think of a film series that's managed to retain an excellent quality.
All the way through ? I can't.

Because all of those are Series. These are movies. The sequels are trash because wokeness, no actual direction and the fact that the directors changed.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:Anyone watch horror movies 🎬?
As someone who has watched the Halloween Franchise, I have to say that the most recent films have been weak.

I watched Jaws and Sleepy Hollow but that was it.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:If I might, since we are discussing Star Wars, let me say I think episodes 7, 8, and 9 are good, but unnecessary, especially Palpatine coming back in 9.

The franchise should have stopped at 6. Solo was weak, as was Rogue One, though it was better than Solo.

To be honest I never really liked Star Wars.

The only Star Wars related thing I liked was The Mandalorian.

Palace of Kir, Svetlytopal, Russia

Constantine stood on the balcony of his bedroom, looking out to the city and beyond.
"I know not what I'd say to my nephew. I was filled with anger when I did what I did.. and it was all for nothing.. now I'm to hear my uncle listens to him..", Constantine spoke to someone, that someone being Iemelian, standing behind him in the doorframe.

Iemelian let out a sigh.
"What is to come is inevitable.", he simply said.

Constantine turned his head slightly to look at Iemelian.
"Then alert Sir Ordric... prepare my armour.. and Sasha."

Iemelian stared momentarily before turning away to do the bidding of Constantine.

ENGLAND

Andrei looked down at his hands.. yes British facilities were good but they still didn't feel like his own. No matter, he had a job to do. Wherever Arthur was(minus the toilet or sleeping) Andrei knocked on the door before entering. As he walked in a cape waved behind him with a signature look of superiority on his face.
"Arthur.", he simply said as his expression became grave.
"We must act before it's too late. My contacts in Russia, in Svetlytopal, we can smuggle in nesh 40 Knights to assault the Palace of Kir. Between you, me and them I have a firm belief we can end it and Russia can be restored to the state it was under Aleksandr IV.", Andrei said before stepping closer.

Unified Empiricus

Xotrayjan wrote:Palace of Kir, Svetlytopal, Russia

Constantine stood on the balcony of his bedroom, looking out to the city and beyond.
"I know not what I'd say to my nephew. I was filled with anger when I did what I did.. and it was all for nothing.. now I'm to hear my uncle listens to him..", Constantine spoke to someone, that someone being Iemelian, standing behind him in the doorframe.

Iemelian let out a sigh.
"What is to come is inevitable.", he simply said.

Constantine turned his head slightly to look at Iemelian.
"Then alert Sir Ordric... prepare my armour.. and Sasha."

Iemelian stared momentarily before turning away to do the bidding of Constantine.

ENGLAND

Andrei looked down at his hands.. yes British facilities were good but they still didn't feel like his own. No matter, he had a job to do. Wherever Arthur was(minus the toilet or sleeping) Andrei knocked on the door before entering. As he walked in a cape waved behind him with a signature look of superiority on his face.
"Arthur.", he simply said as his expression became grave.
"We must act before it's too late. My contacts in Russia, in Svetlytopal, we can smuggle in nesh 40 Knights to assault the Palace of Kir. Between you, me and them I have a firm belief we can end it and Russia can be restored to the state it was under Aleksandr IV.", Andrei said before stepping closer.

Unified Empiricus

    WINDSOR CASTLE, WINDSOR | ENGLAND

"As it should be," Arthur said as he turned to Andrei, after making some mechanical adjustments to his sabre hilt, "but what happens next? If you topple a Russian Emperor, who is going to replace him? His brother I imagine, or are Russias succession laws less... stringent than ours...?" he asked.

Unified Empiricus wrote:
    WINDSOR CASTLE, WINDSOR | ENGLAND

"As it should be," Arthur said as he turned to Andrei, after making some mechanical adjustments to his sabre hilt, "but what happens next? If you topple a Russian Emperor, who is going to replace him? His brother I imagine, or are Russias succession laws less... stringent than ours...?" he asked.

Andrei took a deep breathe before finally speaking.
"Aleksandr is sickly and most of all.. young, unfit.", he'd go on to say before being close enough to put his hand on the shoulder of Arthur.
"I'm afraid I'm the only one fit to take such undertaking. The brother of the murdered late Emperor Aleksandr and most of all experienced. I take no pride in what we have to do.. but if they do not fight then we shall not.", he then went on to explain.

Andrei then stepped closer to the door.
"I'm sure you have some Knights or elite troops in mind?"

Xotrayjan wrote:Andrei took a deep breathe before finally speaking.
"Aleksandr is sickly and most of all.. young, unfit.", he'd go on to say before being close enough to put his hand on the shoulder of Arthur.
"I'm afraid I'm the only one fit to take such undertaking. The brother of the murdered late Emperor Aleksandr and most of all experienced. I take no pride in what we have to do.. but if they do not fight then we shall not.", he then went on to explain.

Andrei then stepped closer to the door.
"I'm sure you have some Knights or elite troops in mind?"

Arthur nodded in agreement. His nations own succession laws would have seen Aleksandr become Emperor despite his age and inability, but he did privately like the idea of Andrei as the Emperor of Russia. "Yes," Arthur began in reply, "I put some of the Orders most proficient battlemasters on notice in case they had the opportunity to do what needed to be done. They will not let us down." he said, with great confidence.

Unified Empiricus wrote:Arthur nodded in agreement. His nations own succession laws would have seen Aleksandr become Emperor despite his age and inability, but he did privately like the idea of Andrei as the Emperor of Russia. "Yes," Arthur began in reply, "I put some of the Orders most proficient battlemasters on notice in case they had the opportunity to do what needed to be done. They will not let us down." he said, with great confidence.

Andrei patted Arthur on the shoulder with a proud smile.
"That's my boy.", he went on to say before turning and leaving towards the door.
"Make contact with them and tell them to meet with me at..", he then paused taking out his holophone from his pocket and sending the specific space sport to Arthur.
"There... I also expect you to be present and from there... we will finish this.",
He then left... continuing his plotting and plans for the throne.

Kandosii wrote:Paz and Raz stayed indifferent to the berating of the towering man, meanwhile Fix was beaming under helmet she was a bit of a narcissist when it came to her sniping skills.

"Consider those guns silent," Paz said he remembered the BX saying something about having to fly around a military encampment. Very good chance that was where everything was that needed taken care of. "Raz boot up the rest of the droids have them armored up; I want this raid practically stamped with a Death Watch calling card," Paz then said as he turned back to the shuttle. Raz nodded as he headed to the crate holding the two squads of BX commando droids. They weren't as good as the real thing but in a pinch the droids could just as well supplement a team of bounty hunters.

"Then make it so.", Constantine simply said before turning and proceeding back to his camp.

While the mandos prepared the rebel military installation was in a mid-tier alert after the crossing of the Volga by at least 10-15 Russian divisions and activity up and down the Trans-Siberian railway but nobody was expecting an actual assault.

General Vladimir Kelianov was dressed in green with a leather overcoat and cap overlooking the base from a control tower.
"How many men have we lost today?", Kelianov questioned one of his underlings.
"23. Half to defection, the rest to exposure. Central has been mostly silent.. what the hell is Berry doing?", the underling questioned.
"Watch your tone. 'Berry' is the boss and the communication issues are probably related to the weather and damaged lines.", Kelianov went on to say before sighing.
"Luckily however the snow is melting. Nobody can sh*t on this day."

Xotrayjan wrote:Because all of those are Series. These are movies. The sequels are trash because wokeness, no actual direction and the fact that the directors changed.

You can't blame wokeness on them being not as good as the originals.
It's been 40 odd years since the originals came out people's attitudes have changed , so they have to produce a story that
reflects that. People would complain about it either way.
Movies are a global market and Starwars is a global brand now. If they were made for a niche market, that would be like
Communism and that doesn't work. They need money to be viable. Capitalism.

I do agree with you the sequel saga film series was executed badly to a certain extent. It started off OK but the second one
was when it started to go badly wrong. Carrie Fisher dying didn't help and the director of the second pretty much seemed to do his own thing and left the 3rd film with alot to sort out. So everything plot wise, seems rushed and shoved into holes with the last one and not explained properly. Like Rey and her amazing power levels.
But that's Star wars for you, it's always been either a triumph or a bit of a disaster.
Jar-Jar binks for instance.

The very first one was a disaster until George Lucas's wife at the time edited it and tightened it up.
She won an Oscar for that. She has been called his secret weapon.
They divorced in 1983. You could say Star wars has been trash since then honestly.
Out of the Star wars movies, how many of them have been actually been really good ? 2 maybe.
And let's not get started on the Ewok movies and the holiday special 😀

Gooutofhere wrote:You can't blame wokeness on them being not as good as the originals.
It's been 40 odd years since the originals came out people's attitudes have changed , so they have to produce a story that
reflects that. People would complain about it either way.
Movies are a global market and Starwars is a global brand now. If they were made for a niche market, that would be like
Communism and that doesn't work. They need money to be viable. Capitalism.

I do agree with you the sequel saga film series was executed badly to a certain extent. It started off OK but the second one
was when it started to go badly wrong. Carrie Fisher dying didn't help and the director of the second pretty much seemed to do his own thing and left the 3rd film with alot to sort out. So everything plot wise, seems rushed and shoved into holes with the last one and not explained properly. Like Rey and her amazing power levels.
But that's Star wars for you, it's always been either a triumph or a bit of a disaster.
Jar-Jar binks for instance.

The very first one was a disaster until George Lucas's wife at the time edited it and tightened it up.
She won an Oscar for that. She has been called his secret weapon.
They divorced in 1983. You could say Star wars has been trash since then honestly.
Out of the Star wars movies, how many of them have been actually been really good ? 2 maybe.
And let's not get started on the Ewok movies and the holiday special 😀

Cope. Sequels are trash

Gooutofhere wrote:You can't blame wokeness on them being not as good as the originals.
It's been 40 odd years since the originals came out people's attitudes have changed , so they have to produce a story that
reflects that. People would complain about it either way.
Movies are a global market and Starwars is a global brand now. If they were made for a niche market, that would be like
Communism and that doesn't work. They need money to be viable. Capitalism.

I do agree with you the sequel saga film series was executed badly to a certain extent. It started off OK but the second one
was when it started to go badly wrong. Carrie Fisher dying didn't help and the director of the second pretty much seemed to do his own thing and left the 3rd film with alot to sort out. So everything plot wise, seems rushed and shoved into holes with the last one and not explained properly. Like Rey and her amazing power levels.
But that's Star wars for you, it's always been either a triumph or a bit of a disaster.
Jar-Jar binks for instance.

The very first one was a disaster until George Lucas's wife at the time edited it and tightened it up.
She won an Oscar for that. She has been called his secret weapon.
They divorced in 1983. You could say Star wars has been trash since then honestly.
Out of the Star wars movies, how many of them have been actually been really good ? 2 maybe.
And let's not get started on the Ewok movies and the holiday special 😀

Wokeism was a major reason the sequel trilogy was so bad, especially the second film. It wasn't the only reason but it was a major one. The main reason was the fact it was totally disjointed and clearly had no direction or story whatsoever. It started off pretty decent with TFA, then TLJ came in and ruined it totally, with the failures from that seeping into other projects that in their own right were actually good. Had it been a standalone film it would be alright. Then because of that TRoS was an absolute, utter, total disaster all the way through. They had to get an original character that was well written and completely screw him up.

The Prequels and Sequels can't be compared properly, they are totally different things. Which is the problem, they shouldn't be, they should both be easily identifiable as Star Wars, which the Prequels are but the Sequels are not. The dialogue in the Prequels is what let it down. Other than that, anyone who looks at it enough can and will see that the Prequels are genius storytelling. The transformation and downfall of a galactic democracy into a totalitarian fascist state, the story of how liberty dies. Most of the critics of the prequels come from people who just see them as movies for entertainment, instead of being a deeper insightful story. That's more what the Original trilogy was about.

And then there are the Sequels. Which are just all-around terrible. Not even identifiable as Star Wars either emotionally or culturally, other than the appearance of the original characters, which they utterly disrespected.

This is a pretty good breakdown of the politics of star wars, I don't usually watch things this long but its captivating enough that I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSqjRgh2ZY&ab_channel=ArkentheAmerikan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCaPR0exE8

This video taught me that there is always time for a JoJo reference even though I havenít seen JoJoís bizarre adventure.

Xotrayjan wrote:The Emperor leaned forward, he was like a giant, his massive frame stretched and staring towards Sheng.
"And you think the Chinese wouldn't fight back? It's been quite common for them to unite under great adversity or when others try to take them."
Emperor Constantine then leaned back, continuing to stare down upon Sheng.
"Of course... Russia doesn't want a united China, under you or anyone else.. but everything has a price. If this plan of yours were to come to fruition then you will receive my blessing in exchange for Manchuria, and...", Constantine then paused momentarily.

"Shanghai... and the territories around the Bohai Sea."

"If we were an adversary but we aren't. In years past my predecessor did much the same for the Chines people as I am now. He brough stability and safety to the provinces who agreed to uniting to become a member of the Confederacy. Improving the quality of life for those along our northern border and the provinces along the coasts and, when asked that we take a step back and allow them to govern themselves Chancellor Yamamoto accepted believing that the aid we had given would keep the people as a whole going. It is a tragedy it came to this for them but like the past I much like him will not leave our neighbor to rot till not but warlords' rule over divided city states," she said not showing an ounce of fear to the towering man. She had lived in parts of the wards that until UAFs trade agreement had been nightmares to live in. "However, I must ask why the Bay and Shanghai what significant do they hold for Russia? There are ports no doubt and Bejing but why those areas," she asked it struck her as odd that the man seemed to have designs for the areas.

Unified Empiricus wrote:Wokeism was a major reason the sequel trilogy was so bad, especially the second film. It wasn't the only reason but it was a major one. The main reason was the fact it was totally disjointed and clearly had no direction or story whatsoever. It started off pretty decent with TFA, then TLJ came in and ruined it totally, with the failures from that seeping into other projects that in their own right were actually good. Had it been a standalone film it would be alright. Then because of that TRoS was an absolute, utter, total disaster all the way through. They had to get an original character that was well written and completely screw him up.

The Prequels and Sequels can't be compared properly, they are totally different things. Which is the problem, they shouldn't be, they should both be easily identifiable as Star Wars, which the Prequels are but the Sequels are not. The dialogue in the Prequels is what let it down. Other than that, anyone who looks at it enough can and will see that the Prequels are genius storytelling. The transformation and downfall of a galactic democracy into a totalitarian fascist state, the story of how liberty dies. Most of the critics of the prequels come from people who just see them as movies for entertainment, instead of being a deeper insightful story. That's more what the Original trilogy was about.

And then there are the Sequels. Which are just all-around terrible. Not even identifiable as Star Wars either emotionally or culturally, other than the appearance of the original characters, which they utterly disrespected.

This is a pretty good breakdown of the politics of star wars, I don't usually watch things this long but its captivating enough that I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSqjRgh2ZY&ab_channel=ArkentheAmerikan

don't forget the Mary sue main character who with no training was doing better than what was at the time the main antagonist.

Xotrayjan wrote:"Then make it so.", Constantine simply said before turning and proceeding back to his camp.

While the mandos prepared the rebel military installation was in a mid-tier alert after the crossing of the Volga by at least 10-15 Russian divisions and activity up and down the Trans-Siberian railway but nobody was expecting an actual assault.

General Vladimir Kelianov was dressed in green with a leather overcoat and cap overlooking the base from a control tower.
"How many men have we lost today?", Kelianov questioned one of his underlings.
"23. Half to defection, the rest to exposure. Central has been mostly silent.. what the hell is Berry doing?", the underling questioned.
"Watch your tone. 'Berry' is the boss and the communication issues are probably related to the weather and damaged lines.", Kelianov went on to say before sighing.
"Luckily however the snow is melting. Nobody can sh*t on this day."

The Kom'rk was flying low as to avoid detection inside the three bounty hunters and their twenty battle droids where all armored up and ready for a combat drop into the base. As the ship came in on the base the belly of the transport opened revealing a skyhook with a set of 16 seats all split into row of two and wielded back-to-back. From this kicking on their jetpacks as they got out of the seats and into the open-air Paz, Raz and, around fourteen of the droids all where now flying towards the base under the radar shadow of the Kom'rk. "Raz salvo send targeting data to the droids," Paz said as he brought down his range finder to help send targeting data for the missile launchers embed in the droids' jetpacks. "Missiles away," Raz said this was bound to really wake up everyone in that encampment no two ways about it.

Xotrayjan wrote:Rostovsky raised an eyebrow in some confusion... it was a rather odd request.
"And what would Macedonian military ships be doing in the Black Sea exactly? The only thing there is Russia and Turkey. I see no reason why military ships would need to go through.."

"I may be overthinking this but it is a guarantee in case of a worse case diplomatic scenario. If our countries relationship deteriorates, which i find to be highly unlikely. But it never hurts to be prepared." he responds in a calm but slightly anxious deminer.

His wife lightly kicks him on the leg with her foot.

"Ahem"

"Now, we should discuss our plans regarding Anatolia and the Balkans. If you please."

«12. . .5,0535,0545,0555,0565,0575,0585,059. . .5,3325,333»

Advertisement