Ahhhh, now I understand. All though I take it all of the leaders of our nations seem to be human, and so the RMB is all human.... but I guess the tag was referring to the region as a whole, not just the leaders or the RMB.
My own nation started as my creating a planet of one country, and I still have that canon, although separated from my NS canon (for now). It was also populated by non-humans.
Thank you for the questions, Canaltia!
1) With regard to your first question, it is my intention to create a minor regional officer position (as a deputy to the Foreign Affairs Branch) that serves as the head of the ambassador program of Forest. While the Branch would continue to manage embassy requests, respond to international inquiries, and work on policy (all of which is very much a full-time job already!), this deputy would be entirely focused on maintaining ambassadorial staffing, communicating regularly with ambassadors, and tracking assignments. As you observed, the published list on our site is not up to date (I do have you correctly removed from all your previous assignments on my own roster), and it can be a challenge to track these things as people join, depart, increase and decrease in activity, etc. Having a dedicated officer for whom that is their entire portfolio should help us maintain staffing at closer to the desired levels.
2) For the Crystal Jubilee, I agree that hosting on the RMB would be a challenge due to our RMB-focused community. I believe that would be an event where our off-site forums would be an appropriate venue, with suitable links and attention/description provided in our WFE. All plans are presently nebulous (planning committee required!), but what I have in mind would be something resembling our photo contests in structure, with submissions over time in multiple relevant categories or types of works.
3) With regard to amending Article 7, I believe options are where the path best lies. The trouble we have seen with the present verbiage is that it does not leave room for choice, for discussion, or for democracy - it very simply commands a specific process to occur on a specific timeline, regardless of the will of the people or what might actually be best for Forest. Devolution of Executive authority to the Delegate is automatic in the event of a Founder CTE, so I envision this to allow for the authorities the Constitution outlines for the Founder to devolve to the Delegate as well. Getting in to the weeds a little bit, language would provide for the option to re-found (as per current protocol), but with the primary operating principal being that Forest will endure and should be assumed to continue as before, but with a few extra protections to ensure that the authority of the Delegacy, as a legal entity, is protected from usurpation. Amongst those protections I currently envision would be endo limits, removal of the FK authority to appoint the Delegate (something we might want to remove either way), and possibly things like a time in residence requirement for the Delegate's word to have legal strength (to avoid a situation where a successful raid, however unlikely, results in a raider legally having the authority to command us against our own best interests). This is a far more complicated re-write than the previous two, but Forest has grown and become stronger than was ever anticipated, and deserves the effort!
That dispatch is slightly out of date, as I have not been the ambassador to Refugia since December.
Also, I wonder if Canaltia, the Conch Kingdom ambassador, knows that I am the PM over in CK ;)
sentience is self awareness, sapience is creative self awareness. neither are dependent on outward form. human is just the name of a species, the dominant sapient species of planet earth. not of any other of billions of potentially sapiently populated worlds throughout the rest of the universe, or even just our milky way galaxy. so there is no reason to assume a default sapient species to be, or in any way resemble, the species human of planet earth.
(even sapient trees are not inconcievable. tolkin's ents, groot from the comics and movie, and the, i forget what they were called, but there have been several stories, one by schmitz, that was called compulsion when it was published in analog sf, and appears in the anthology trigger and telzey.)
oh yes, and humans are not alone in having opposable thumbs either, red pandas have them. as do many, perhaps most primates.
but there's no reason to assume sapient foxtaurs, cat-weasils, or whatever, dominant of some world in some other solar system would lack them. some might even have very differently designed manipulative appendages as or even more dexterous then those of humans.
Here in the Philippines, we are starting to end quarantine at May 16 but, we will have a modified enhanced quarantine in Manila and nearby provinces. Other provinces will have General Quarantine like here in Bataan.
I think, it's too early to end quarantine here in Philippines.
I watch also "Contagion". That was about Nipah Virus, not Covid.
I like the film but I don't want Beth to die because I have a rule to my self: "Don't kill the beautiful women". (Just giving you laughs, this is my personality when I see a beautiful girl)
Reaaalllly? You "didn't know" that typing in nonsense letters would fall under the broader category of spamming, i.e. things that we don't normally do on the RMB? There were no indications in the whole world that that might not be the best thing to do? ;-)
"But Mr., I didn't know that setting the desk on fire with my textbook would result in detention! You didn't put that in the syllabus."
This is why we always have pineapples in Ruinenlust...
We have a new factbook. Check it out! ^_^
("An’ it harm none, do what ye will.")
National Song: "Brujeria"
and largest city
Official Language: English
Recognized Languages: Spanish • Portuguese • French
Official Script: Latin • Theban
Religion: Wicca (majority)
Demonym: Wiccan • Wiccan Israelite
Government: Federal presidential constitutional republic
• President: Cris Faery
• Vice-President: Toph Estevez
• Speaker of the Great Council: Aurora Jonsdotter
Legislature: Legislative Coven
• Foundation: November 28, 2019
• Current constitution: May 1, 2020
GDP (nominal): $32.2 trillion
Human Development Index (NS): 59.20 (high)
Currency: Wiccan Dollar (W$)
Drives on the: right
Internet TLD: .wi
The Wiccan Israel, formally known as the Occultist Republic of the Wiccan Israel, is a sovereign country located in the region of Forest.
The Nation of the Wiccan Israel was founded on November 28th, 2019 as a “democratic, egalitarian, and Wiccan nation-state." The first elections were held on April 7th, 2020. Founding father and high priest Cris Faery became the first President of the Wiccan Israel. Faery's election saw the beginning of the Threefold Revolution and the formation of the Wiccan Socialist Party. The revolution began with the May 1st constitutional assembly where the nation's first constitution was adopted. Known informally as the Beltane Constitution, it officially changed the name of the country to the Occultist Republic of the Wiccan Israel. Faery's policies established a publicly funded healthcare system, reduced economic inequality, expanded environmental protections, and permitted the production, sale and consumption of cannabis.
The sovereign state of the Wiccan Israel is a democratic federal presidential republic. Its capital and largest city is Covenstead. The Wiccan Socialist Party is the ruling political party in the Wiccan Israel.
The Wiccan Israel is considered to be one of the most socially developed countries in the region. Its citizens enjoy a high standard of living and the country ranks modestly in some metrics of national performance, including cheerfulness, health, niceness, pacifism, eco-friendliness, and environmental beauty.
You have been told many, many times to quit spamming. Even to the point of deletion of your nations. You'd think someone like yourself would be on high alert. Yes, I did report you, and while my intention is not necessarily to get you banned, I do want you to quit. And I know just telling you to stop won't help at all, as you have frequently demonstrated that you cannot follow basic instructions like such.
I find it interesting that you said "doing random letters". Strange word choice. Maybe a better word would be, I dunno, "spamming" random letters.
It's a role-playing game where nations compete, and an algorithm determines the winners. Additionally, if you role-play better/more creatively, you get a bonus.
Check out to NS forums, there should be one dedicated to sports with information on how to join.
How do I view all the epic cards in NS?
Forest Trivia Kahoot? What's this? It seems like I've missed something. Where and when do I join the next Forest Trivia Kahoot?
I like it but what's up with the big question mark on the map? Was that supposed to be there? :p
News to me. I see you're a person of many regions. Speaking of CK, am I to retake my ambassadorships, or have they been filled (aside from TLA)? If there's no answer until we have a government that's fine.