General Assembly Resolution # 4
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.
Category: Civil Rights
Proposed by: The Dourian Embassy
Understanding that certain nations may wish to employ or allow the employment of children;
Realizing that employment in certain industries can cause a child's well being and future to be in jeopardy;
Believing that it is morally reprehensible for any state or governing body to force children into any situation that is likely to cause them harm;
Further believing that certain basic protections should be provided to all children;
The World Assembly thus:
(A)Defines a 'minor' as a person below the legal age of majority as defined in their nation.
(B) Bans the employment of minors in:
(1) work in which they are subject to physical or psychological abuse,
(2) work in which they are required to be in physical locations that would be damaging to their health,
(3) work which involves dangerous machinery, dangerous equipment or dangerous tools,
(4) work which involves the manual transport or handling of heavy loads,
(5) work in environments exposing them to temperatures, noise levels, or vibrations damaging to their health,
(6) work in environments that may expose them to hazardous substances, agents and/or processes,
(7) work which would preclude the pursuit of a full-time education, such as work for long hours or work where they are unreasonably confined to the premises of the employer.
(C) Bans the participation of minors in armed conflict.
(D) Bans anyone under the age of consent from engaging in sexually explicit acts as a form of employment.