The Polemic Hagiarchy of Zenzibar is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Tulkinghorn with an iron fist, and notable for its disturbing lack of elderly people, zero percent divorce rate, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.61 billion Zenzites are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Defense, although Spirituality, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bleak House. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The all-consuming Zenzish economy, worth a remarkable 3,670 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 235,157 Food Stamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The hills are alive with the smell of burning flesh, political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction, survivors receive aid from only the most environmentally-friendly transport, and military spending recently hit a new high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zenzibar's national animal is the cricket, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxical Pulsification.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zenzibar's influence in Capitalist Paradise fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, military spending recently hit a new high.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, survivors receive aid from only the most environmentally-friendly transport.
- : Zenzibar endorsed The Perfect Democracy of Sander and Dim Sum.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, the hills are alive with the smell of burning flesh.
- : Zenzibar was endorsed by Capitalistdweeb.
- : Zenzibar was endorsed by The Perfect Democracy of Sander and Dim Sum.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, people spend a lot on hair and nails.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on Tulkinghorn's desk.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Kaputer, Aelhaeran, Canterburie, Scorpions Army, Poopsancagizal, Scientia Major, Edison Culver, Snorlaxia, Octal, UNDelegate, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Senexia, Hellbardia, Hamonistan, Luciferio, Viperreich, FASTERCAT, Woogus, Devastator35, Taxdodgers, Ble Wilestangad Islands, AnnaK, Leontopolis, Patoro, Bel Cairo, Alanzo, Leopold City, Ascended Union, West Papua states, and Sander and Dim Sum.