The Polemic Hagiarchy of Zenzibar is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Tulkinghorn with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, parental licensing program, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 14.171 billion Zenzites are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Defense, although Spirituality, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bleak House. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The powerhouse Zenzish economy, worth a remarkable 3,255 trillion Food Stamps a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 229,758 Food Stamps, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country, birth announcements often also serve as death announcements, and police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zenzibar's national animal is the cricket, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxical Pulsification.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zenzibar was endorsed by Res publica nostra.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, birth announcements often also serve as death announcements.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, families returning from international vacations are unable to get their children back into the country.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, the government takes agricultural advice from a wasp-themed superhero.
- : Zenzibar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Omnibus Due Process Act".
- : Zenzibar lodged a message on the Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, public shaming has become the favoured form of punishment.
- : Zenzibar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Dalimbar".
- : Following new legislation in Zenzibar, it is written that heretics die and Tulkinghorn laughs.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Kaputer, Aelhaeran, Canterburie, Scorpions Army, Poopsancagizal, Scientia Major, Edison Culver, Snorlaxia, Octal, UNDelegate, Republica JIM, Arbonium, Senexia, Hellbardia, Hamonistan, Sheepcote, The Fyre Phoenix, Luciferio, Neo Jewsalem, Viperreich, Egoistic Markets, Pavonesia, The Strasbourg, Squirm Worm, Mr moneymachine, FASTERCAT, Woogus, Zyra, Giant Redwoods, FeatherRock, Sinov, Ble Wilestangad Islands, and Devastator35.