The Matriarchy of Xattia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 475 million Xattians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 77.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Xattian economy, worth 9.89 trillion pazzes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 20,812 pazzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class, and it's all quiet on the western front. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xattia's national animal is the honey bee, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Xattia was endorsed by The Allied States of Eravon.
- : Xattia was endorsed by The Happy Not Oppressed People of IB Larioth.
- : Xattia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Xattia, it's all quiet on the western front.
- : Following new legislation in Xattia, airplane passenger seat sizes and ticket prices are both first-class.
- : Following new legislation in Xattia, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Xattia withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of You Should See Me in a Crown.
- : Xattia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Xattia was endorsed by The Rengime of Malachor XII.
- : Xattia was endorsed by The Totally Not A Nerd of United Calanworie.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Takura, Rathanur, You Should See Me in a Crown, Jonewestia, Arcana Anarchy, The Tartar Republic, Suomalainem, Jungian, Mattielandia, Armah Leo, Maximalist, Audysey, Adrinashouni, Bitty Kitty, Tezikstan, Takh Avros, Boston Harbor, Robo Communism, Levont, Sol Vehnka, The Litterbox, Kayestha, Independant Islands, Paul Incorporated, Tatkovina, Laniron, The Sunflower Fields, Erroria, Lys Deks Rahry, United Calanworie, Malachor XII, IB Larioth, and Eravon.