|Animal||Red Feathered Fox|
The Colony of Ueropia is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 237 million Ueropians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.1%.
The thriving Ueropian economy, worth 17.6 trillion Saskeos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 74,242 Saskeos, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 322,521 per year while the poor average 10,834, a ratio of 29.8 to 1.
Healthcare funding has been cut, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, and bread-gangs raid restaurant waste bins to stockpile uneaten rolls. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ueropia's national animal is the Red Feathered Fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ueropia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Ueropia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Ueropia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ueropia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Ueropia relocated from The Rejected Realms to Caer Sidi.
- : Ueropia published "Ueropia Disclaimer" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Ueropia relocated from Warzone Africa to The Rejected Realms.
- : Ueropia was ejected and banned from Warzone Africa by Drew gooden.
- : Ueropia lodged a message on the Warzone Africa Regional Message Board.
- : Ueropia's influence in Warzone Africa rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".