The Empire of Tuandle is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 782 million Tuandleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 40.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Tuandlean economy, worth 40.3 trillion Dollars a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 51,500 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them, international trade can be a pain to deal with, the might of the entire Tuandlean Navy is focused on fifty bemused spear-throwing islanders, and ambulances aren't allowed to overtake hearses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tuandle's national animal is the Wolverine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tuandle's influence in Venice rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Tuandle's influence in Venice rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Tuandle suppressed a post on the Venice Regional Message Board.
- : Tuandle resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Tuandle endorsed Empire of okongwu.
- : Tuandle endorsed Alavace.
- : Tuandle endorsed The People's Republic of Poggolia.
- : Tuandle endorsed The United Kingdom of Goes Lee.
- : Tuandle endorsed Union of soviet social republics.
- : Tuandle endorsed The areopagite.