The Most Serene Republic of Tommerton is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 315 million Tommertonais have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 20.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Tommertonian economy, worth 22.0 trillion Tommerton Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 69,760 Tommerton Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Going on a diet invalidates your passport, the old neighbourhood isn't how most Tommertonais remember it, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tommerton's national animal is the Cockatiel Parrot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tommerton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Tommerton was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Tommerton was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Tommerton was endorsed by The Empire of Solsevara.
- : Following new legislation in Tommerton, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Tommerton, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Tommerton, the old neighbourhood isn't how most Tommertonais remember it.
- : Tommerton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Tommerton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Tommerton was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Marxist Germany.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Valentian Elysium, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Kuriko, Anisopterra, Ehrgeizig, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Wysrod, Ignis Cinere, Evertopia, The Republic of Osea, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, Solsevara, and HumanSanity.