|Leader||President Taron Wright|
|Faith||Roman Catholic Christian|
The Atlantic Republic of The Asten Islands is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Taron Wright with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.581 billion Astians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port David. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Astian economy, worth 233 trillion Asten Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 90,330 Asten Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Asten Islands's national animal is the Blue Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholic Christian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Asten Islands, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : The Asten Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in The Asten Islands, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : The Asten Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : The Asten Islands withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : The Asten Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : The Asten Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : The Asten Islands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Following new legislation in The Asten Islands, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : The Asten Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Meropis, The Champions League, Elisabethshagen, Invernessia, Jim the Baptist, Eco-Paris Reformation, Rary, Walfo, Eppur, Scutarie, Heplon, North of Americas, Thracia Republic, Elania Kingdom, Berlin and Hanover, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Northwest Isles, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, Kanokla, Dabarastan, GanymedEuropa, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Maritzal, Galway-Dublin, The New Nordic Union, Regnum Italiae, Dauershire, Ostermarch, Puerto Thelosia, Super Happy Land, Anclus, Pilipinas and Malaya, Dark Matter, New Eestiball, Soveiniesberg, Wombelland, Quentenia, Falvaard, Lieges, Ausvelt, Thracia and Crimea, Corsoaua, Zulrich, New Vorarlberg, Vulxo, Mojuatafurertopeopir, and 24 others.Zelenskraine, Gotho, Nardin, Estellan, Imperium Anglorum, United States of Russia1, The New Caledonia, Kalebo, Anglinia, Nghymru, Kaspinia, Apabeossie, Europe a Nation, Nyvunnland, Armbruster, Burvenchkaht, The New Palaces, Europaterre, Hessinau, Russkaya Svoboda, Agausia, Angvar, Farrfin, and Jahass.