The People's Republic of Terlas is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, cynical population of 713 million Terlasians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shanhong. The average income tax rate is 75.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Terlasian economy, worth 49.6 trillion remimbis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is 69,525 remimbis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every week is blindness awareness week, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, and the once prosperous capital is in utter decline. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terlas's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, the once prosperous capital is in utter decline.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, requests for password resets peak during election season.
- : Terlas was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Belarusball.
- : Terlas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, children who express a belief in Santa are labelled 'delusional cultists'.
- : Following new legislation in Terlas, motivational posters send motorists positive vibes in high-risk areas.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Councilist Communes, Lescrostia, Saorta, Karelianastan, Shamian, Vulga, Phallas, Dolarik, Terrapinne, Borealian Communes, Techno Socialystiche, Bryophia, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, North Fluedan, Ryuketsu, Socialist Republic of Tyrotrosk, Huelistan, Uniconia, Pro Bey, Soviet State of Covernant, Nueva Zulia, Maogeji, The Aquaria, CCCPC, Deman, Illeron, Globialia, Doultrenia, Yeniseisk, Maxuus, Thebrin, Nova Imperialis, Tastiana, Soviet Felines, Pangeaeae, Socialist Zorolia, Bibliophilius, Old Mare, Sodoran Alesia, Mallissa, Drachmia, Picuros, The Bon Fa Islands, Kethania, Kitchen Nation, Wice, Hollowcrown, Brauengen, Greater Gilbertberg, and 12 others.Council of America, Saint Basilia, The Steephills, The Achterhoek, 104 Partisans, The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, The Ellsworth Mountains, Socialist Balkon, Vinidad, and Omafana.