The Democratic Republic of Tenrikyo is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 157 million Tenrikyoans are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The large, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 47.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Tenrikyoan economy, worth 4.98 trillion Tenri Shillings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 31,724 Tenri Shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tenrikyo's national animal is the Grus Japonensis, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tenrikyo's influence in Japan rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Tenrikyo's influence in Japan rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Tenrikyo's influence in Japan rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Tenrikyo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Tenrikyo's influence in Japan rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Tenrikyo lodged a message on the Japan Regional Message Board.
- : Tenrikyo relocated from The South Pacific to Japan.
- : Tenrikyo was founded in The South Pacific.