The Lengthy Winding Treks of Taungu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Shwenankyawshin with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 13.532 billion Taunguans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The medium-sized, corrupt, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mandalay. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Taunguan economy, worth a remarkable 2,253 trillion Gold Taus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 166,556 Gold Taus, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,116,492 per year while the poor average 9,335, a ratio of 119 to 1.
It can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, unemployed accountants keep double-entry ledgers of their benefit claims, air purifiers fight smoke machines on Taunguan stage setups, and you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taungu's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Shibe.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Republic of Mardis.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Social Republic of Lukaymmunki.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Kochevnia.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Queendom of Brototh.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg.
- : Taungu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The First Official Disney Nerd of The Ambis.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The United Duchy of Santa Marana.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Republic of Marvinville.
- : Taungu was endorsed by The Glorious Supreme Leader of Sunipi.