The Federation of Syleania is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 538 million Syleanians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Civielles. The average income tax rate is 29.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Syleanian economy, worth 49.6 trillion euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 92,249 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
A government program is underway to revitalize Syleania's beaches, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime is totally unknown. Syleania's national animal is the Syleanian owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Syleania was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Greater Morvonia.
- : Syleania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Syleania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
- : Following new legislation in Syleania, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Syleania was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Syleania, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Syleania, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back.
- : Syleania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Syleania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sexual Predator Registry Act".
- : Syleania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Rary, United Chinese States, Invernessia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Berlin and Hanover, Elisabethshagen, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, The Champions League, Meropis, Kanokla, Eppur, Yahlia, Dabarastan, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Walfo, Christian Terra, North of Americas, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Jim the Baptist, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Nigeriao Kingdom, Anclus, Dark Matter, New Eestiball, GanymedEuropa, The Asten Islands, Thracia and Crimea, Ausvelt, Heplon, Corsoaua, Zulrich, New Vorarlberg, Vulxo, Agausia, Zelenskraine, Gotho, Nardin, The New Caledonia, Burvenchkaht, Estellan, Imperium Anglorum, United States of Russia1, Regnum Italiae, Wombelland, Kalebo, Arbere, Armbruster, and 46 others.The New Nordic Union, Canes-Visela, Bathera, An Clar, Lovisa, South St Maarten, Russkaya Svoboda, The Frankfurt Convention, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Corsarios, Zaznia, Lovetopia, Eritei, Boldia, Quentenia, Anglinia, Bareu, Greater Albaina, Puerto Thelosia, Magyarostan, Corbelo, Super Happy Land, Seoulite, Chioganah, Nghymru, The Pontic State, Maritzal, Kaspinia, Monkistan, Amicities, Apabeossie, Europe a Nation, Nuweland, Nyvunnland, Falvaard, Europaterre, Saiwania, Stromia, Brakanistan, Someseni, Lieges, The Scandinavian Realm, Hidden Springs, Sebygang, Jahass, and Greater Morvonia.