The Grand Stoicracy of Stoicorum is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Alpinus Corvus with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, sprawling nuclear power plants, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 1.792 billion Stoicorumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ornus Vaneron. The average income tax rate is 84.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stoicorumian economy, worth 251 trillion stoicoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 140,525 stoicoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Disposable antiseptic wipes are considered a social necessity, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?", ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain, and bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Stoicorum's national animal is the hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Stoicorum, bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects.
- : Stoicorum published "[RP] The Xetheremian Conversion" (Bulletin: News).
- : Stoicorum published "The Xetheremian Conversion" (Factbook: History).
- : Following new legislation in Stoicorum, ship captains always order a return to port at the slightest sign of rain.
- : Following new legislation in Stoicorum, the government's economic policy can be summed up as "Abort, Retry, Fail?".
- : Stoicorum was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Stoicorum, disposable antiseptic wipes are considered a social necessity.
- : Stoicorum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Stoicorum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Following new legislation in Stoicorum, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Xetherem.