|Faith||Cult of Personality of Dear Leader|
The Union of Council Republics of Spartacistan is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Dear Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.434 billion Spartacists are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marxstadt. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Spartacistanian economy, worth 268 trillion Volksmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 186,989 Volksmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Going on a diet invalidates your passport, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, the legal profession considers itself above the law, and souvenir shops that sell alphorns are taking advantage of gullible tourists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Spartacistan's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Cult of Personality of Dear Leader.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Spartacistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Spartacistan lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, souvenir shops that sell alphorns are taking advantage of gullible tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, the legal profession considers itself above the law.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, going on a diet invalidates your passport.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, Spartacistanian scientists are mixing chewing tobacco with bacon flavouring in an attempt to craft the perfect male snack.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : Following new legislation in Spartacistan, soldiers are taught to throw their guns at their enemies once the bullets have run out.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Ganud, Raghallaigh, Cato2, Le Libertia, Kingdom of Stargard, Bursken, West Wirral, Akeland, Cortlandt Manor, Beriwen, Deliber, Voxum Mortalum, Havenwelle, GraVandius, Caffeinated, Vatinland, Brickfield, Polgaria, Lethen, Pirataria, Scaletta, Turpotia, Geektopia, Royal Alchemia, Gooblaria, Mediocrea, Almendron, Caleban, Gabingston, United-Marrshmallows, Trackeendy, Geitstan, Astrellan, Pland Adanna, Stefoland, Gemeinschaftsland, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Tital Mania, Arvigiel, Mancheseva City, Land of Bobtopia, Verd Midis, Greatnessity City, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, Eloscape, Possibly this, Gallotts world, Prov, Estingberg, and 33 others.Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Tetchuan, The Lost Men, Waluigi Park, Siburian, Zecklandia, Social Feseral Republic Yugoslavia, Cutias, Unidoria, New Fenyr, The Militarist States of America, South Parter, Acapais, Thice Frostalt, Dead Warrior Daddy, Murden, Freeeee, Penlopa, Skyhawk Clan, Moryazvia, Kurvix, Nairatania, Greater Rubisland, Poquaoi, New TheopinCroterlandon, Free Rosabell, Kiatland, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Freelandy, Sanjurika, Votokia, and Noxxus Chrome.