|Leader||Comrade Pyotr Gryphon|
The People's Republic of Sorovin is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Comrade Pyotr Gryphon with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 765 million Sorovinians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leningrad. The average income tax rate is 91.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Sorovinian economy, worth 75.5 trillion Engels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. Average income is 98,634 Engels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Sorovin, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sorovin's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sorovin changed its national leader to "Comrade Pyotr Gryphon".
- : Following new legislation in Sorovin, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Sorovin, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Sorovin, Brancalandian Brie isn't available anywhere in Sorovin.
- : Following new legislation in Sorovin, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Sorovin, Comrade Pyotr Gryphon has just been declared ruler of Sorovin in an international press conference.
- : Sorovin endorsed The Socialist State of Saxxony.
- : Sorovin withdrew its endorsement from The Union of HollowCrown.
- : Sorovin endorsed The Union of HollowCrown.
- : Sorovin was endorsed by The Union of HollowCrown.
Endorsements Received: 33 » Shamian, New Soviet States of America, Illeron, The Steephills, East Shancia, Yutopia, Feyrisshire, Rubumba, Karelianastan, The Movion, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Kethania, Socialist Balkon, Pogging Through The Pain, Soviet State of Covernant, Repolaa, Socialist Heronia, Carrico, Flying-Penguins, Comuny, Trombossa, CPRF1, Communist Asians ths, Exania, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Manchukurun, Democratic-Socialists, Canadian Democratic Republics, Puaco, Saxxony, and HollowCrown.