The Dominion of Siluvia is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, sprawling nuclear power plants, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 886 million Siluvians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Weser. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.6%.
The all-consuming Siluvian economy, worth 100 trillion radishes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 113,962 radishes, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 487,679 per year while the poor average 17,072, a ratio of 28.6 to 1.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, and the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Siluvia's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Siluvia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Great Britain Ireland and Normandy.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, the populace harbors a fierce hatred of the metric system.
- : Siluvia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Siluvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed and Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued.
- : Following new legislation in Siluvia, when flight control tells pilots to alter course the usual reply is "No, YOU move!".
Endorsements Received: 48 » Artevenia, Deims Kir, Ruwan Islands, Biggonian Megaist Empire, TESDAI, Earthern Alliance, Antarctican Immagrants, Dolplandia, Dwebsatiania, Authoritism, Nadal Mobianordia, Jizue Isles, Nordhpadhan, Awesometonia, Tillaania, New Slovakastan, Ansoku, Mabufudyne, Chocolatistan, FrendLEEistan, LaSenpo, VoidborneEmpire, South-Central Rhodesia, Canasius, Byth Aldoms, Pantsville, Normianm Empire, Libereausia, Schabinur, Kingdom of New Italy, Arstotskiano, Ichirokuhachi, Pyatingrad, Neo URSS, Bonnie Blue Republic, Ajuuran Sultanate, Holy Virus empire, Rixurian Conglomerate, Lippeland, Nova Trento, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, SinLandia666, J Class, The Tribia, Nighter, Sistatel, United Peoples of Flowers, and Great Britain Ireland and Normandy.