The Commonwealth of Seolia is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, vat-grown people, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.127 billion Seolians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aether City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Seolian economy, worth 780 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 249,461 dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,264,317 per year while the poor average 27,304, a ratio of 46.3 to 1.
Jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration, many of the poor live from cradle to grave without ever seeing sunlight, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, and the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seolia's national animal is the Northern goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seolia was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of RNGkhstan.
- : Seolia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, many of the poor live from cradle to grave without ever seeing sunlight.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Seolia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, medical lawsuits are out of control.
- : Seolia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Aelandi, Duby, Socialist Platypus, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Cle Brait, Hubdova, Saraai, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, Wakaru, Oktadonia, Stustu, Balan Bar, Nova Briton, Ziroxeut, Nibelia, Loveable Dogs, Tarzantos El Camosia, StarGaiz, Azaman, Aether Inc, Dyrland, Lislandia, Nordharz, Baccara, The Capitalist China Party, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Durntoy, Daraln, Terra-Prisma, Ropen, Paul Pasch, Novo Reslas, Sri Malawi, The Seventh German Reich, New Republic of Romeo, Empireedy, Altareynsikht, Kinshinsoukan, Moskovskie, Jolly Industries, Yummasia, Adalwulf, Celestial Flames, Terra Celtae, Galliadurm, Northshires, South Blorbo, Charville, and 32 others.Timiskrane, Red Finlandian Guard, Grand Order Of Lodgec, Lugunica, Khlachten, Soviet Utopia Reunion Party, Shovell, East Groland, Dennis the Goat, Taentermatown, LC Land, Horacko Federation, Ximavia, Unidentified-nation, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Wollo, Koneule, Olornia, Orlys, Spoolland, Ist Grald Boy, Revendani, Neuber, Theocratic Disciples of Christ, Azflebrigan, Lashyr, Ciapore, Femboykhstan, Adka, Catotoland, New Kyivan Rus, and RNGkhstan.