The Empire of Sealandtopia is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.079 billion Sealanders are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sealandopolis. The average income tax rate is 38.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sealandese economy, worth 111 trillion Sealand coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 103,517 Sealand coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, graffiti graces every city's streets, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, and pocket dialling is a criminal offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sealandtopia's national animal is the Sealandese goose, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sealandtopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Sealandtopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Sealandtopia, pocket dialling is a criminal offence.
- : Following new legislation in Sealandtopia, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- : Following new legislation in Sealandtopia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Sealandtopia, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail.
- : Following new legislation in Sealandtopia, Leader has just been declared ruler of Sealandtopia in an international press conference.
- : Sealandtopia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sealandtopia ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Sealandtopia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".