The Socialist Federal Republic of Saorta is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Chelomey Andreevna with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.653 billion Saortans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miasto. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Saortan economy, worth 579 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 158,598 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, going on a diet invalidates your passport, and fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Saorta's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saorta was endorsed by The United Socialist States of FlyLands.
- : Saorta was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, going on a diet invalidates your passport.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
- : Following new legislation in Saorta, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Saorta voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Noble Thatcherites".
- : Saorta endorsed The Federation of Nadezhda Rodina.
- : Saorta endorsed The Democratic Republic of Comuny.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Karelianastan, Karnpella, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Marxmeans, Council of America, Bibliophilius, Picuros, Feyrisshire, Seungli, Whatevernext, Maogeji, Bruzzundunga, Keltische, Shamian, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Zarogovnia, Tastiana, Tranbian, Mallissa, Brauengen, Floreznia, Koshuri, Yeniseisk, Kheltchistan, Councilist Communes, Soviet State of Covernant, Phallas, Terlas, Pangeaeae, Timofeyland, The Aquaria, The Bon Fa Islands, Boyarkinskaya, Kraykon, HollowCrown, Wice, The Steephills, Estau, Sodoran Alesia, Rohvenn, 104 Partisans, Yutopia, The Transmanian Islands, The Movion, Arpol, Halsoni, and 12 others.Socialist Balkon, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Heitoria, Flying-Penguins, Carrico, Passany, Repolaa, Socialist Heronia, 4D Donkeys, Larger Green Plants, Comuny, and FlyLands.