The People's Republic of Rubumba is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Avatar with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, frequent executions, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, cheerful population of 3.915 billion Rubumbans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertalia. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rubumban economy, worth 972 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 248,472 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands, autocrats are persona non grata, and elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume. Crime is totally unknown. Rubumba's national animal is the Cobra, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, the nation faces constant invasions by foreign boy bands.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Rubumba was endorsed by The Socialist State of Saxxony.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, flight attendants rip down curtains with revolutionary fervor.
- : Following new legislation in Rubumba, the derisively named "Morlocks of Moria" futilely demand time in the sun.
- : Rubumba was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Rubumba voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Voice of ARB".
Endorsements Received: 64 » Phallas, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Karelianastan, Shamian, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, Marxmeans, Council of America, New Soviet States of America, Bibliophilius, Bruzzundunga, Itilien, Picuros, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Whatevernext, Grebanistan, Floreznia, Tranbian, Mallissa, Brauengen, Vulga, Soviet Felines, Mycenaean United States, Feyrisshire, Kheltchistan, Soviet State of Covernant, South Merwervader Islands, Pangeaeae, Kominis, Wice, East Shancia, Omafana, Yutopia, Rouvenor, Rohvenn, Krestyana, The Steephills, Sorovin, The Movion, Boyarkinskaya, Europa Volksdemokratisch Sozialistisch, Socialist Balkon, Pogging Through The Pain, Heitoria, Estau, Comuny, Repolaa, Flying-Penguins, and 14 others.Carrico, Socialist Heronia, Trombossa, The Communist regime of Sovietchina, Exania, Ugriasau, Bovad, Sith Isles, Czecho-Slovakian Union, Democratic-Socialists, Borealian Communes, Canadian Democratic Republics, Puaco, and Saxxony.