The Kingdom of Raresun is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Saturn with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.734 billion Raresunians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seoul. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Raresunian economy, worth 456 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 166,875 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's reputation for treachery has left it sidelined on the international stage, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Raresun flights to avoid the pay lavatories, and people talk about things being better when men were men. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Raresun's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Raresun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Marxistans.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The People's Republic of Colil.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The Communist Proletarian Union of Carrico.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The Republic of Puaco.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The Socialist Federal Republic of Pan Kath.
- : Raresun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Raresun was endorsed by The Retro-Futuristic Starship of New Astri.
- : Raresun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Raresun, people talk about things being better when men were men.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Mallissa, Marxmeans, Shamian, Bibliophilius, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Maskelyne, Brauengen, Feyrisshire, Kethania, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Vulga, Soviet State of Covernant, Pangeaeae, Socialist Union of Kazakhstalin, Council of America, Wice, Afronovia, The Steephills, Karelianastan, Krestyana, The Movion, Socialist Balkon, Omafana, Socialist Heronia, Comuny, Flying-Penguins, Exania, The Transmanian Islands, Liknovia, Ugriasau, Sith Isles, Manchukurun, Democratic-Socialists, Puaco, Carrico, Colil, and Marxistans.