|Leader||Emperor Vladimir I|
The Empire of Putinskaya is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Vladimir I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.902 billion Putinskayans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ursus Forti. The average income tax rate is 52.7%.
The strong Putinskayan economy, worth 101 trillion Kredits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 53,317 Kredits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Small patches of desolate land across the world are part of Putinskayan sovereign territory, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and veterans are directed into environmental cleanup operations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Putinskaya's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Putinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Putinskaya was endorsed by The Kingdom of Dawsinian.
- : Putinskaya was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Putinskaya's influence in Wintreath rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Putinskaya endorsed The United Kingdom of Weihbach.
- : Putinskaya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Putinskaya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Putinskaya's influence in Wintreath rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Putinskaya's influence in Wintreath rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Putinskaya was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Weihbach.
- : Putinskaya's influence in Wintreath rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".