|Leader||Carlos III de Habsburg|
The United Kingdom of Providencia y San Andres is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Carlos III de Habsburg with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 8.612 billion Providencia y San Andresians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Providencia. The average income tax rate is 15.0%.
The strong Providencia y San Andresian economy, worth 607 trillion reais a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,501 reais, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Providencia y San Andres, beggars lack pockets for spare change, most believe 'tis better to give than to receive, and corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Providencia y San Andres's national animal is the tucan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Providencia y San Andres, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense.
- : Providencia y San Andres's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Providencia y San Andres relocated from Balder to Western Atlantic.
- : Providencia y San Andres altered its national flag.
- : Providencia y San Andres was refounded in Balder.
- : Providencia y San Andres ceased to exist in Western Atlantic.
- : Providencia y San Andres published "Prime Ministers of Providencia" (Factbook: History).
- : Providencia y San Andres published "People and Culture" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Providencia y San Andres published "Overview" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Providencia y San Andres's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".