|Capital||Morro do Bola Peixe|
The Kingdom of Porvilho is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, hatred of cheese, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 711 million Porvilhianos hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Morro do Bola Peixe. The average income tax rate is 57.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Porvilhiana economy, worth 26.1 trillion Octocoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 36,646 Octocoins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, orange trees find it's not easy being green, and police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records. Crime is almost non-existent. Porvilho's national animal is the polvo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Porvilho was endorsed by The Dominion of Siluvia.
- : Following new legislation in Porvilho, police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records.
- : Following new legislation in Porvilho, orange trees find it's not easy being green.
- : Following new legislation in Porvilho, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Porvilho, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Porvilho, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Porvilho was endorsed by The Infernal Empire of Hazbin demons.
- : Porvilho was endorsed by The Empire of Nighter.
- : Porvilho was endorsed by The Free Land of Figus Bickus.
- : Porvilho was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Antarctican Immagrants, Biggonian Megaist Empire, Dolplandia, TESDAI, Deims Kir, Jizue Isles, Earthern Alliance, Nadal Mobianordia, Sacara, Schabinur, Ruwan Islands, Lippeland, Artevenia, Chocolatistan, J Class, Authoritism, Allor II, Ansoku, Yemeria, Canasius, Arstotskiano, Hollip, Tarradal, South-Central Rhodesia, FrendLEEistan, Neo URSS, Nordhpadhan, The Co-Prosperity-Sphere, Bonnie Blue Republic, Mabufudyne, The Federation of Spokane, Nova Trento, Roughst, New Tussia, SinLandia666, Senar, New Slovakastan, Micalandia, New Trussia, Sonderbourg, Tillaania, Dwebsatiania, Normianm Empire, Nighter, Hazbin demons, and Siluvia.