The Empire of PortSky is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jenna Fein with an even hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 11 billion Portskians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Stalor. The average income tax rate is 93.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Empire economy, worth a remarkable 1,138 trillion Chocoboes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,473 Chocoboes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down, extreme hiring regulations mean a job in PortSky is often a lifetime appointment, and pandemics are over and done with by the time it takes to pass the nation's stringent border security. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. PortSky's national animal is the Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Time Relic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : PortSky voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Red Fleet"".
- : PortSky endorsed The Disputed Territories of United Drafonstland.
- : PortSky was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of United Drafonstland.
- : PortSky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Valanora".
- : PortSky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Noahs Second Country".
- : PortSky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : PortSky was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : PortSky voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : PortSky was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : PortSky was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".