The Colony of Port Smith is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 901 million Port Smithians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.1%.
The powerhouse Port Smithian economy, worth 73.3 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Furniture Restoration, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 81,315 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 295,450 per year while the poor average 15,929, a ratio of 18.5 to 1.
There is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, industry tycoons rarely hide their misdeeds due to the government's habit of bailing them out, and military information leaks are **REDACTED** by **REDACTED** in **REDACTED**. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Port Smith's national animal is the badger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Port Smith's influence in Besondere Empire rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Port Smith's influence in Besondere Empire rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Port Smith was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Port Smith's influence in Besondere Empire rose from "Minnow" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Port Smith, military information leaks are **REDACTED** by **REDACTED** in **REDACTED**.
- : Port Smith relocated from Osiris to Besondere Empire.
- : Port Smith altered its national flag.
- : Port Smith was refounded in Osiris.
- : Port Smith ceased to exist in Besondere Empire.
- : Port Smith's influence in Besondere Empire rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".