|Leader||The First High Chef|
The Lucky Republic of Pizzerelia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The First High Chef with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.138 billion Pizzerelians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pepper City. The average income tax rate is 48.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Pizzerelian economy, worth 122 trillion Olives a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 107,912 Olives, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and torture is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Pizzerelia's national animal is the Cheese, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Pizzerelia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of TyGerria.
- : Pizzerelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Pizzerelia was endorsed by The Caspian Commonwealth of Dabarastan.
- : Pizzerelia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Pizzerelia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Palgo.
- : Following new legislation in Pizzerelia, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Pizzerelia, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Pizzerelia, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Pizzerelia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Pizzerelia, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs.