The Constitutional Monarchy of Phinelia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 736 million Phinelians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 45.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Phinelian economy, worth 61.8 trillion Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 83,975 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health, and scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phinelia's national animal is the Swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phinelia endorsed The Parliamentary Republic of Trixeland.
- : Phinelia was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Trixeland.
- : Phinelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Phinelia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Phinelia, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new.
- : Following new legislation in Phinelia, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health.
- : Phinelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Phinelia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Phinelia, the people are famous throughout the region for their perfect yellow teeth.
- : Phinelia endorsed The Commonwealth of Chronus.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Eco-Paris Reformation, Berlin and Hanover, Regnum Italiae, Dunsteen, GanymedEuropa, Elisabethshagen, Meropis, Yahlia, Rary, Invernessia, Dabarastan, St Scarlett, North of Americas, Walfo, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, The Champions League, Gotho, Agausia, Ausvelt, Jim the Baptist, Wombelland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Eppur, Nardin, Zelenskraine, Antair, Kanokla, Burvenchkaht, Corsoaua, Irminsulia, Russkaya Svoboda, Skelleftella, Dark Matter, Imperium Anglorum, United States of Russia1, Heplon, Kalebo, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Thracia and Crimea, Arbere, Kaspinia, Apabeossie, Nyvunnland, Nghymru, Gliesetonia, Europe a Nation, Jahass, Wiener-Neustadt, Zipser, and 6 others.Canes-Visela, Hidden Springs, Chioganah, Polis Ortigia, Chronus, and Trixeland.