The Captain's Fleet of Paper Boats is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its public floggings, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 7.054 billion Paper Boat Captains hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 61.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Soryan economy, worth 208 trillion Paper Boats a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 29,518 Paper Boats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paper Boats's national animal is the Paper Crane, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paper Boats's influence in Shinka rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Paper Boats's influence in Shinka rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Paper Boats was removed from the regional ban list of Equestria by The Republic of Vodka Cola.
- : Paper Boats's influence in Shinka rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Paper Boats resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Paper Boats relocated from The Rejected Realms to Shinka.
- : Paper Boats relocated from Equestria to The Rejected Realms.
- : Paper Boats was ejected and banned from Equestria by The Protectorate of Pacifist Optimists.
- : Paper Boats endorsed The United Utopia of Untspah.
- : Paper Boats relocated from Artificial Solar System to Equestria.